Just sent a message to John Archer about black levels on Dolby Vision and HDMI issue on LG Oled TVs!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Just sent a message to John Archer reporting my issues on Kick Ass Dolby Vision mainly:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/04/18/lg-oled-tv-update-lg-responds-to-ongoing-gaming-dolby-vision-and-contrast-performance-issues/#23a84e933637

So far has issues on the first generation Panasonic Oled, and the LG 55eg, and LG 65e6v and E7v. All to do with black level performance on Kick Ass.

D

Deleted member 2457

TVs where I have had some sort of issue with black levels are:

Panasonic Oled first gen

LG 65e6v

LG 65e7v

D

Deleted member 2457

I wonder how much money this issue has caused me - bloody hell!
angry_smile.png

D

Deleted member 2457

They are the blackest TVs you have ever been able to buy. 95 per cent of the time they are perfect. This is a fault we are talking about.

D

Deleted member 2457

drummerman said:
Sorry, re-read it.

Hope yo can sort it.
Final fix is on its way:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/03/21/lg-oled-tv-dolby-vision-bug-update-a-final-fix-is-on-its-way/#42788e952ee5

D

Deleted member 2457

Just had John Lewis guy out and he says I need to try a new motherboard. So that’s where we are at the moment.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Just had John Lewis guy out and he says I need to try a new motherboard. So that’s where we are at the moment.
I don’t know whether to cancel the new motherboard guys? What do you think? It would sort out my HDMI issue on ports 3 and 4. The update firmware will hopefully sort HDR and Dolby Vision on some discs.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
To solve the HDMI issue, yes you need a new motherboard if that is what they have said.
Cheers BB, they are also hoping it will sort out Dolby Vision and HDR issues too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Got the new motherboard in and all HDMI inputs look to be working fine. The guys said before they input the motherboard it wouldn’t likely affect the picture though and it hasn’t. They said the TV was working to spec though and see with future firmware updates whether they fix the noise issue. So pretty happy with that.
thumbs_up.png

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Got the new motherboard in and all HDMI inputs look to be working fine.  The guys said before they input the motherboard it wouldn’t likely affect the picture though and it hasn’t.  They said the TV was working to spec though and see with future firmware updates whether they fix the noise issue.  So pretty happy with that.  
Nice all coming together. Smiles.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts