Question Reloop tonearm shifted

Ghyanto

Oct 18, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I recently bought 2 second hand Reloop RP2000MK3 turntables.
When they arrived, one of the turntables' tone-arm was shifted and as a result the cartridge and needle as well. So the needle touched on the vinyl but the cartridge hit the vinyl as well if you would play it.

I figured there needs to be a way to turn the tone-arm so I dismantled it. By doing this, I was able to turn the tone-arm so it now sits nicely straight. The problem I encountered while doing this is that I wasn't able to attach again the screws on the bottom of my tone-arm. I saw there was a small metal frame that should end up between the screw and the tone arm but now I'm unable to fix it. Of course if I screw in the screws again, they are not attached... Do you know if this small metal frame used to be attached to the inside of the tone-arm with glue and it came loose?

Please see the pictures attached for more info.

Anyone who can help me or tell me what to do?

Big thanks in advance for your help.
Best,
Anton

Attachments

• reloop tonearm 1.jpg
    reloop tonearm 1.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 12
  • reloop tonearm 2.jpg
    reloop tonearm 2.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 12
  • reloop tonearm 3.jpg
    reloop tonearm 3.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 11

Gray

Hello everyone,

I recently bought 2 second hand Reloop RP2000MK3 turntables.
When they arrived, one of the turntables' tone-arm was shifted and as a result the cartridge and needle as well. So the needle touched on the vinyl but the cartridge hit the vinyl as well if you would play it.

I figured there needs to be a way to turn the tone-arm so I dismantled it. By doing this, I was able to turn the tone-arm so it now sits nicely straight. The problem I encountered while doing this is that I wasn't able to attach again the screws on the bottom of my tone-arm. I saw there was a small metal frame that should end up between the screw and the tone arm but now I'm unable to fix it. Of course if I screw in the screws again, they are not attached... Do you know if this small metal frame used to be attached to the inside of the tone-arm with glue and it came loose?

Please see the pictures attached for more info.

Anyone who can help me or tell me what to do?

Big thanks in advance for your help.
Best,
Anton
My guess would be that the plate was being held in place solely by the screws you removed.
It might be a tricky refit but with care and patience.........

Ghyanto

Oct 18, 2020
Visit site
@daytona600 - I'm afraid you didn't understand my story. I agree it is confusing and difficult to explain. I also have no clear picture of the initial problem.
@Gray - thanks, that was what I was afraid off. I already was busy with it for 2 hours but didn't succeed unfortunately :) .. It's weird that something is only held by screws and that it's impossible to just put it back once screws are removed.

Thx for your inputs!

Gray

@daytona600 .. It's weird that something is only held by screws and that it's impossible to just put it back once screws are removed.
...as they assembled it, they probably had better access to hold the plate in place - that's why it's harder for you.
Make sure the soldered black earth wire doesn't become detached from the plate (it will very easily come off - and you don't want to hear humming once it's all back together!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts