Region code ?

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I`ve bought a used Marantz UD7007 blu-ray player. I was told it was Region Free for blurays ? It is a U.K. model because I checked the serial number. It will play Region Free and Region A but will not allow me to play Region B !! Looks like it`s been hacked to play Region "A"

I don`t have many Region A so i would like to convert it back to Region B.

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks.

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks bigboss.

I can`t return it as the person I purchased it from was selling it because they were moving home and the property is now empty. That was about 3 weeks ago and I initially checked it by playing a Region "A" disc which was fine, not thinking to check it with a Region "B" disc.

After contacting Marantz they have sent me a standard reply stating that the do not sell region free players and these are not covered under warranty....blah....blah...blah.

I will try and source a firmware update and see if it will revert back to standard. Marantz don`t seem to have a firmware update on the website so I`ll need to search.

Cheers.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have done a quick one myself, there doesn't seem anything about software region hacks built in to the player, so it looks like maybe some kind of hardware mod but I don't know for sure.

One site I saw mentioned something about a special set of usb sticks with a region set code on them but this was from over 5 years ago.

Unless you can find these or some other hardware mod then it seems like you will be stuck with "region A", my advice is just but another machine to play "region b" discs.

Finally, some strange advice from bigboss to contact Marantz direct, of course they are going to say to you that they don't sell multi region players and any mods are not covered under warranty.

*music2*

macdiddy said:
Finally, some strange advice from bigboss to contact Marantz direct, of course they are going to say to you that they don't sell multi region players and any mods are not covered under warranty.

*music2*

If you Google, you will find on AV forums that Denon have helped with this. Marantz and Denon belong to the same company. They could have atleast suggested a hard reset, allowing you to choose the region again. Apparently, hack for Denon 3313 will work on this Marantz too.

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I managed to find out where the seller had moved to, it was actually one street away from where he had previously lived.
I went to see him with the intention of getting my money back.He apologised and has given me 2 USB sticks to change between region codes.
I tried them and they work perfectly.
Thanks for everyone's input.

Cheers .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts