Question Rega Vs Audiolab Vs Exposure

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oxfordian

Well aggressive enough to upset the OP and cause him to exit….when he’s only describing his experiences with his dealer….
When did this turn into ‘let’s all hug our local dealers because they are so exploited…’?

Are you happy to have a world without retail? Well I’m not.

I watched a photographic retail trade implode, people venturing into stores testing out the kit they wanted then buying from the internet, now I have no photo retailers within miles of me, in fact a trip into London is needed if I want to look at new kit.

Do I want HiFi going the same way, no, so when people comment that they are not bothered by the retailer then that hurts, because without our retailers our hobby will be a lot more difficult.

Thats my view if defending that view offends then I’m sorry but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Oxfordian

Well you say you are sorry if you offend….but it seems you aren’t 🙄
Saying it’s ’just plain speaking’ is a weak excuse…..IMO.

I’ll continue to be me, I’m not going to change just because you don’t like plain speaking, I called out a comment that was unwarranted and uncalled for and I’m the one at fault? I think you have that wrong.

Tinman1952

Are you happy to have a world without retail?
Well that will never happen.
Retail like any other business has to adapt to survive. There are many examples of ‘household names‘ that thought they could just go on selling their product in the same way that they have for generations. Sadly many have now disappeared..but that is how the market works…. Consumers vote with their wallets and the successful business gives them what they want.

Oxfordian

Well that will never happen.
Retail like any other business has to adapt to survive. There are many examples of ‘household names‘ that thought they could could just go on selling their product in the same way that they have for generations. Sadly many have now disappeared..but that is how the market works…. Consumers vote with their wallets and the successful business gives them what they want.

You’re right retail does have to adapt to survive, but as customers we also have to adapt, if we buy everything on line from an internet only site then that doesn’t help our retail, if we buy from a high st retailer with a good on line business then that helps everyone. But to be not bothered about the retailer is not an approach that is helpful to the retail industry.

Oxfordian

In your opinion…. and frankly you misunderstood the comment and turned this into something completely different…..🙄

No I haven’t, the comment was there for anyone to see, if people don’t want to be challenged about a comment then don’t post.

As for turning this into something else, that hasn’t come from me, you are the one who wants to make an issue out of this.

Tinman1952

No I haven’t, the comment was there for anyone to see, if people don’t want to be challenged about a comment then don’t post.

As for turning this into something else, that hasn’t come from me, you are the one who wants to make an issue out of this.
Lol..wrong again…I think the heat is getting to you my friend 🙂

Tinman1952

You’re right retail does have to adapt to survive, but as customers we also have to adapt, if we buy everything on line from an internet only site then that doesn’t help our retail, if we buy from a high st retailer with a good on line business then that helps everyone. But to be not bothered about the retailer is not an approach that is helpful to the retail industry.
I don’t disagree with any of this…unfortunately it is ‘survival of the fittest’ not ‘survival of the nicest’……😁

insider9

I admit I have misconstrued Paul's comments too initially. I appreciate somewhat unfairly. It just goes to show how communicating in writing doesn't leave much room for nuance and how we judge even when we don't think we do. Anyway, should anyone prefer discussing hifi over a pint or with a nice whisky in hand, get it touch we'll figure out a venue.

Paul, I appreciate you wanting to try Naim but are you perhaps settings yourself up for a disappointment? Going from twice the price Naim back to Rega even you can't live with Naim sound might feel like a downgrade...

Reactions: Tinman1952

Oxfordian

I don’t disagree with any of this…unfortunately it is ‘survival of the fittest’ not ‘survival of the nicest’……😁

I’ve never said ‘nicest’.

Retail is a cutthroat business and only the strong survive, but none will survive if we don’t support them, and that is the whole point, if we’re not bothered by the retailer where are we going to go to borrow stuff, demo stuff, discuss stuff, if there’s no retail?

Oxfordian

It just goes to show how communicating in writing doesn't leave much room for nuance and how we judge even when we don't think we do. Anyway, should anyone prefer discussing hifi over a pint or with a nice whisky in hand, get it touch we'll figure out a venue.

Such a good comment and so true.

Always up for a pint, not a whiskey though, cannot stand the stuff. I suppose that makes me a Neanderthal :)

Oxfordian

correct, and a weather warning for thunderstorms this weekend, no hum!

Had 6 hours of storms yesterday, driving back from shopping was a 20mph crawl along the dual carriageway, wipers on super fast and still couldn’t see a thing. Localised flooding, roads closed, trees down, lots of lightning followed by very loud rumbles of thunder.

But very very localised, my son was at work, he could see the lightning, hear the thunder but didn’t see a drop of rain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts