REGA RP3 - NAD3020 - MA BRONZE 2

upalmeira

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey! I need your help if someone could give me his advice...

I’m new in vinyl and I bought REGA RP3 / NAD 3020+DAC DIGITAL / MA BRONZE 2

I went for this specific equipment’s because, well REGA you all know it’s one of the best and NAD3020 because at the same time I love to listen to my vinyl collection (jazz / blues) I wanted a system that I could have some technology without spending a lot of money (Bluetooth for iPhone, etc...)

Now I feel like I spent money and the final quality that I wanted I can’t have it. Well the NAD connected to the Bronze 2 in Bluetooth or other equipment, it feels awesome but when I connect the REGA to the NAD the quality of the sound is not what I expected.

May somebody give me some advice regarding witch type of upgrade should I do in order to obtain the quality sound the REGA deserves?

Thank you for your help guys!!

Regards,

Rui

D

Deleted member 108165

upalmeira said:

I went for this specific equipment’s because, well REGA you all know it’s one of the best and NAD3020 because at the same time I love to listen to my vinyl collection (jazz / blues) I wanted a system that I could have some technology without spending a lot of money (Bluetooth for iPhone, etc...)

Now I feel like I spent money and the final quality that I wanted I can’t have it. Well the NAD connected to the Bronze 2 in Bluetooth or other equipment, it feels awesome but when I connect the REGA to the NAD the quality of the sound is not what I expected.

May somebody give me some advice regarding witch type of upgrade should I do in order to obtain the quality sound the REGA deserves?

Regards,

Rui

Need more info as to what "quality of the sound" actually means. Is it: pops/clicks, rustle, rumble, low output/volume. If you are expecting CD like silence between tracks then look at CD's.

What cartridge is fitted to the Rega and what is the condition of your record collection?

DougK said:
upalmeira said:

Regards,

Rui

Need more info as to what "quality of the sound" actually means. Is it: pops/clicks, rustle, rumble, low output/volume. If you are expecting CD like silence between tracks then look at CD's.

What cartridge is fitted to the Rega and what is the condition of your record collection?

That NAD wouldn't be the D3020 by any chance would it?? :)

D

Deleted member 108165

See where you're coming from, Al, I was looking at the 3020, not the D3020 *biggrin*

upalmeira said:

Regards,

Rui

Rui,

If that is the D3020 you have bought the wrong amplifier to try to connect a turntable to.

Can you confirm it is this model?

If it is you are going to have to buy another box called a phono preamplier.

It's unfortunate you didn't come on here and ask a few questions, and there aren't any silly questions, before you bought your kit.

I thought the same as above when I saw the components. If it were sold as a system the dealer should give you a phono stage for mis-selling!

If it's the original 3020 with the phono input then it is probably past its best...

nopiano said:
I thought the same as above when I saw the components. If it were sold as a system the dealer should give you a phono stage for mis-selling!

If it's the original 3020 with the phono input then it is probably past its best...

Indeed, trying to determine which or even if he used a dealer or not.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
knaithrover said:
Must be the D3020, Im pretty sure bluetooth wasnt invented when the 3020 was made...

Which is exactly why I suggested there is no way you can plug an RP3 turntable into it. Would be nice if the OP came back again though to learn the error of his ways. ;-)

Surely the sound without a preamp is so quiet the OP must realise there's something wrong

knaithrover said:
Al ears said:
knaithrover said:
Must be the D3020, Im pretty sure bluetooth wasnt invented when the 3020 was made...

Which is exactly why I suggested there is no way you can plug an RP3 turntable into it. Would be nice if the OP came back again though to learn the error of his ways. ;-)

Surely the sound without a preamp is so quiet the OP must realise there's something wrong

Looks like we will never know ;-)

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
knaithrover said:
Al ears said:
knaithrover said:

To be fair some people don't log on every day I'm sure we will hear something back soon

Looks like we will never know ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts