rega rp1

klingklang

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I am after some advice which would be much appreciated But please answer with awareness that although I am not a total numpty I don't know my stuff at all.

I have a basic rega rp1 turntable still with all the factory settings and stylus. The only difference is my mat which a friend bought me and I love. The problem being is that the mat is quite thick and so the back of my stylus is clicking on the recodds as they spin.

In my limited knowledge it seems I need to lift the height on the tonearm. How do I do this? There is a weight at the back which when originally setting up you just push to the suggested setting. Do I simply need to adjust this or do I do it a different way?

Also am I being silly and should o just change the mat and get a thinner one. Thanks for the advice. I hope this all kind of makes sense.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Rega do a spacer which is intended for use with their decks to raise the arm height when used with taller carts like the Ortofons. I am presuming this can be used on the RP1 (never been asked that before!) - don't change the weight! Best to give Rega a call and ask if it can be used, if so, you can order from your local dealer, who might even fit it for you if you're nice to them...

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Michell also do a VTA (vertical tracking angle) adjuster for Rega's turntables with 3-point fixings, of which I think the RP1 is one. It's a bit more expensive than the Rega one mentioned above, but it is fully adustable, whereas the Rega one is a fixed height (2mm, I think) so it'll allow you to adjust the arm to the perfect height. I've been meaning to get one myself, must do that soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts