Rega RP1 Volume Control

seanburnap

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

The current setup I have is a Rega RP1 connected to a Cambridge Azur 651p using KRK Rokit RP5s. An issue I now have, due to a move of place and a new flatmate is that the lowest volume I can achieve isnt quite low enough... If i was willing to spend around 100 pounds what would be my best option for a passive volume control that wouldnt interfere with the quality of sound? Any advice that doesnt involve finding a new flatmate would be great, thank you!

Sean

Hello Sean, and welcome to the forum.

Yours is an unusual combination, if I have correctly understood that you have a turntable, phono stage and active speakers. A regular preamp or amplifier will usually give you the control you need, but, as they say, you are where you are!

The only product I can think of that I know will work, assuming you currently adjust the output with the speakers, is a set of Rothwell attenuators. There may be passive volume devices that I'm unaware of, but I'm unsure about matching successfully.

Link:-

http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/attenuators.html

seanburnap

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi there! thank you very much for the advice, you are exactly right about the setup yea.. Sounds like a perfect suggestion actually, I didnt even realise something like this existed, I was hoping that it wouldnt involve another piece of equipment as well..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts