Rega planer 3 power supply

ianb

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi after recently purchasing a rega planer 3 record deck I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on whether it's worth purchasing an off board power supply? Obviously for helping with sound but also speed chanVinyl is ge. At the price I'm Obviously wondering if it's worth the cost? Vinyl is becoming my first choice source,so not only power supply I'm looking for any other upgrades or tips? Thanks in advance.

Hi after recently purchasing a rega planer 3 record deck I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on whether it's worth purchasing an off board power supply? Obviously for helping with sound but also speed chanVinyl is ge. At the price I'm Obviously wondering if it's worth the cost? Vinyl is becoming my first choice source,so not only power supply I'm looking for any other upgrades or tips? Thanks in advance.
I don't think it would help the sound that much that I would rush out and buy one.
Obviously if you do find yourself changing speeds frequently then it might be worth the outlay.

camcroft

Everything is an optional extra these days, why give it for free when you can charge extra for it as an add-on :)
Give them their due Rega turntables have always had the same method of changing from 33 to 45rpm, nothing new here.
They have added this power supply as an option only for the lazy b#stards....
For these types there is no reason why you shouldn't charge them extra for what is an optional extra.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Gray

They have added this power supply as an option only for the lazy b#stards....
Did you read that in their sales brochure? 😆

Maybe because I had plenty of both speeds of vinyl, when I was buying a decent TT it had to have switchable speed control.
Taking a platter off to change speed would have been an inconvenience too far for me - I was always changing speed.

....mind you, a school report of mine did say, quote: ...'gets by with a minimum of effort', so maybe I am a lazy b#stard 🤔

Did you read that in their sales brochure? 😆

Maybe because I had plenty of both speeds of vinyl, when I was buying a decent TT it had to have switchable speed control.
Taking a platter off to change speed would have been an inconvenience too far for me - I was always changing speed.

....mind you, a school report of mine did say, quote: ...'gets by with a minimum of effort', so maybe I am a lazy b#stard 🤔
i can understand, if you did such a collection you probably wouldn't end up with a Rega turntable in the first instance.... :cool:

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS