Rega Planar 3 or Pro-Ject X1

Markmaguire

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m looking to buy one of these turntables. Both get great reviews and look like solid buys.
I’m heading down a path where I don’t mind investing in upgrades along the line. Would definitely get the Neo PSU with the Rega but the X1 already has electronic speed control built in.
Which would you get? And how do you rate the cartridges supplied as standard with these - Elys / pick it s2
Current amp is Audiolab 6000A which has MM phono stage built in.

I’m looking to buy one of these turntables. Both get great reviews and look like solid buys.
I’m heading down a path where I don’t mind investing in upgrades along the line. Would definitely get the Neo PSU with the Rega but the X1 already has electronic speed control built in.
Which would you get? And how do you rate the cartridges supplied as standard with these - Elys / pick it s2
Current amp is Audiolab 6000A which has MM phono stage built in.
Both are pretty good turntables, the X1 is probably more easily upgradeable cartridge wise but the Rega has the better tonearm. They are both going to be around the same price if you add the Neo PSU to the Rega.
Probably not a lot to choose between the cartridges as the Pick It is a reworked Ortofon 2M Red, neither are brilliant but, for the money you're not going to get that anyway.

daytona600

Both great decks with decent cartridges & you can upgrade in the future to a better MM/MC/MI
Rega only really works with rega carts Project you can fit Any make of cart
Project built in electronic speed control Rega requires a extra box
rega countless suppliers of aftermarket upgrades & modifications none for any project turntable but project

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts