Rega Bias?

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Rega planar six review within days. weeks of release...............

Technics 1200 G released over twelve months ago..................Nothing???

Makes you think.......*scratch_one-s_head*

jjbomber

alchemist 1 said:

Compare the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review with the Cr-Apple 8,9 10 that we've just had. And they haven't been sent their free sample yet.

alchemist 1 said:

No it doesn't. They obviously were not sent a Technics to actually review, simple as.. These conspiracy posts are not new ;-)

Those that simply must see a Technics review need only to read a different publication.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It didn't help that all the hackneyed old carp about being a 'DJ deck' came out again!

It was never designed (originally) as anything but a slightly up-market, domestic, hi-fi turntable. All the DJ stuff came years later.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
And I recall the original got just three stars when British belt drives ruled.

Was that back when anything without sharp metal edges was deemed to be not 'purist' enough?

(A good finish was a 'sell-out' and a sign of the kind of sybaritic sensualism that the 'hair-shirters' from The Flat Response frothed about.)

jjbomber

Friday afternoon always ends with an advert for Cr-Apple in the news section, so that it sits on top all weekend. I was beginning to get worried as Bose had been sitting there for hours. Luckily enough it has just turned up.

chebby said:
nopiano said:
And I recall the original got just three stars when British belt drives ruled.

Was that back when anything without sharp metal edges was deemed to be not 'purist' enough?

(A good finish was a 'sell-out' and a sign of the kind of sybaritic sensualism that the 'hair-shirters' from The Flat Response frothed about.)
Indeed! I remember it well as around then I bought a top of the range Sansui, a friend bought a Naim, and another a Lecson (do you remember the rainbow sliders?)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts