Question Rega Aya

podknocker

I did consider separate amp and streamer a while back and the Rega Elicit Mk5 was on my shortlist and then I read stuff about them getting hot and buzzing. Won't go down that route now. It is a poor show for this company to make so many unreliable and annoying amps.

Reactions: Revolutions

Jasonovich

I booked a demo session next week to hear the Rega Aya speakers. I'd never heard of these until I saw them earlier. I really like the small size and although the concrete cabinets will look weird in daylight, they look fairly smart and compact. Does anyone have a pair and if so, what do you think?
The Rega Aya's look mighty fine speakers, It'll be nice if they allow you to compare to other comparatively priced floor standing speakers, like the Focal's Vestia N2 ( if these are in stock :), mind you these Focals are fairly large! ) below or anything else that catches your fancy.

Enjoy!

1728041755014.png

podknocker

Those Focals are big, ugly and will be overbearing in my modest sized living room. They are very sensitive and will be an easy load, but there will be too much bass and although I will listen if I can, I can't see these sat in my living room. They are also outside my £1500 budget. I'm going for small floorstanders from now on with a front facing port I can close with foam bungs. The Rega Aya grilles are an £80 option and are worth £30 at most, so I might haggle and try to get them thrown in.

Last edited:

Din5

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
I booked a demo session next week to hear the Rega Aya speakers. I'd never heard of these until I saw them earlier. I really like the small size and although the concrete cabinets will look weird in daylight, they look fairly smart and compact. Does anyone have a pair and if so, what do you think?
All will be revealed when you audition them ! my local hi-end HIFI dealership rates them well. Form your own opinion, if you like them go for them and discuss a discount !

Gray

The Rega Aya grilles are an £80 option and are worth £30 at most, so I might haggle and try to get them thrown in.
Sounds like you've already decided.
Wait till you hear them before thinking about haggling Pod.
I get that you like the look - and I also understand that looks are quite important.
But sound varies so much between speakers, so you've really got to like the sound they give.
And surely the advantage of front ports is that you've got more chance of not needing to bung them - I wouldn't want to buy speakers that relied on bungs to make them listenable.

Have you ruled out standmounters?

PS: I really don't like the way that some firms charge extra for grilles - even if some people never bother to fit them.

Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts