Rega Aria

George680

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Are there people out there that have experienced the Rega Aria Phono Amplifier?

I'm curious about the
thumbs_up.png
and the
thumbs_down.png
of this unit in combination with my Rega RP8 and Apheta 2.

Looking forward to get some nice reactions from you What Hi Fi enthousiasts.

Regards Sjors

George680 said:
Hello,

I'm curious about the and the of this unit in combination with my Rega RP8 and Apheta 2.

Regards Sjors

Cannot say I have heard one but it is obviously designed to work well in an all Rega system.

At this price-point there is plenty of competition but, by all accounts, this one is towards the top of the list when it comes to performance per pound.

I am sure if you are proposing to buy the lot from one dealer then there would be some room to haggle about the price and hopefully get some sort of discount.

P.S. I notice you say to work with your RP8. You already own this do you? What are you currently using as a phono stage?

George680

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
George680 said:
Hello,

I'm curious about the and the of this unit in combination with my Rega RP8 and Apheta 2.

Regards Sjors

Cannot say I have heard one but it is obviously designed to work well in an all Rega system.

At this price-point there is plenty of competition but, by all accounts, this one is towards the top of the list when it comes to performance per pound.

I am sure if you are proposing to buy the lot from one dealer then there would be some room to haggle about the price and hopefully get some sort of discount.

P.S. I notice you say to work with your RP8. You already own this do you? What are you currently using as a phono stage?

Yes that's right I own the RP8 already. My current Phono Stage is Leema Essentials Phono Stage.

George680 said:
Al ears said:
George680 said:
Hello,

Regards Sjors

Yes that's right I own the RP8 already. My current Phono Stage is Leema Essentials Phono Stage.

So I guess you are asking is a £800 phono stage going to give you a significant improvement over a £500 one?

Apart from it being more 'flexible' and it looks like you will be sticking to the one cartridge, then I would say no not really.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think stevebrock of this parish might have had an Aria at some point – I don't know a way of 'mentioning' him so he gets a notification about this thread. Is there any way to do that?

George680

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Okay thanks Al ears.

Think I will stick with the Leema for a while it's not that bad.

Al ears said:
George680 said:
Al ears said:
George680 said:
Hello,

Regards Sjors

So I guess you are asking is a £800 phono stage going to give you a significant improvement over a £500 one?

Apart from it being more 'flexible' and it looks like you will be sticking to the one cartridge, then I would say no not really.

George680 said:
Okay thanks Al ears.

Think I will stick with the Leema for a while it's not that bad.

Al ears said:
George680 said:
Al ears said:
George680 said:
Hello,

Regards Sjors

OK. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket then buy more vinyl.... :)

I have the Tucana/Elements combo, and although I have a bargain bucket table, the phono stage hits the mark for me. I will dem a better table soon (Pro-ject Xtension or Gyrodec possibly) and see how it stacks up.

I would guess a phono stage doesn't have the influence over the turntable as the amp or speakers.

plastic penguin said:
I have the Tucana/Elements combo, and although I have a bargain bucket table, the phono stage hits the mark for me. I will dem a better table soon (Pro-ject Xtension or Gyrodec possibly) and see how it stacks up.

I would guess a phono stage doesn't have the influence over the turntable as the amp or speakers.

I can see your line of thinking but my own experience is somewhat different.

plastic penguin said:
In terms of tonal quality, Al. IME the cartridge is bigger influence in this area than a phono stage. A phono stage can only reproduce the signal that's thrown from the amp.

That's my line of thinking... I think.

Once you have speakers sorted and happily driven by the amp of your choice then the cartridge becomes the next important piece in an vinyl based system. No matter how good a phono preamp is its never going to make a cr*p cartridge sound good.

However, if you already have a class cartridge then the quality of the phono preamp does matter and can, in some setups, be critical.

In these days of integrated amps without a phono stage the choice of external phono preamp is very important.

plastic penguin said:
The good thing about the Elements preamp is, like the Pulses in-built stage, it's switchable.

When I eventually look at a new table I will dem another stage and see how it compares.

If you have a Leema amp the Elements is great VFM.

Not heard it but it appears many would agree, whether or not you have a Leema amp ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts