REGA 5 star review

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am about to buy my first hi-fi separates system and have been drawn to Rega by excellent reviews and their reasonable prices.

It has been mentioned that a Rega CDP and amp was awarded 5 stars in the Jan 2010 issue of What Hifi and although I bought that issue I have not kept it.

Can anyone remind me which products they were - Apollo or Saturn CDP/ Brio or Mira amp?

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
It was the Apollo CD player and Brio 3 amplifier. In fact, the individual star rating for each was four, but when combined in a system with Rega's RS3 loudspeakers it resulted in a five-star overall rating.

Cold Roses

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Byron - as you can see from my signature, I'm currently running the very Rega set up you're now considering. I absolutely love it and think WHF's five star review is well deserved. Though, do make sure you listen to as many different systems (both in your price range and above it) as possible before you buy. Fantastic as the sound of this well-priced system is, the Rega sound isn't for everyone.

I'll happily give you some further thoughts on this set up when I have a little more time. Assuming that would be of interest to you?

A

Anonymous

Simon Lucas:It was the Apollo CD player and Brio 3 amplifier. In fact, the individual star rating for each was four, but when combined in a system with Rega's RS3 loudspeakers it resulted in a five-star overall rating.

didn't the apollo get a 5* rating? http://whathifi.com/Review/Rega-Apollo/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts