Recordings from Sky+ to Sky+ HD box

Hi, a newbie regards this.

Thinking of ditching my Sky+ box in favour of the Sky+ HD package.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible (in a fairly simple way) of copying what I already have recorded on the HD box across to the new HD+ machine? Or are they considered lost forever if I upgrade?

daveh75

The only way to do it, is to open up both boxes (which will invalidate your warranty of your new Sky+HD box), remove the HDDs place them into a SATA caddy, connect them to your PC and use Copy+ to copy the data from one drive to t'other.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
That's what I was thinking, daveh75, but I guessed that might have fallen outside the remit of Alears request for 'a fairly simple way'.
emotion-5.gif

Thanks Andrew - guys.

As I figured. I could manage the copying just depends on how much the good wife values the recordings as to whether I fork out for the necessary gear to enable the copying from drive to drive...and of course what she thinks about invalidating warranty.

I guess if I did that I might just as well put in a larger hard drive at the same time.

Ho hum...................how to put it to her nicely????????

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

£10/month isn't that much over an external HDD and the time it'll take to transfer everything over (opening boxes etc.).

You then have 2 recordable SKY systems where you can record 4 channels if necessary.

No invalid warranties either.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts