Record Store Day 2014 full list

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Just emailed my local independent store a list of 12 items I was interested in, thinking if we were lucky I might get half of them, which is fine, I can afford that.

He reckons he'll be able to get eleven of them. The 12th one has been withdrawn. Whoops... :O

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
That's funny came on to post about RSD and this was top of the pile.

My local dealer, Resident in Brighton have just released the 'alpha' list of what they will be stocking, 25 pages worth! Been browsing through it and highlighting what I would like to get, I thought I was being conservative until I tottaled it up £510 !!!! How much for a second-hand kidney? Mind you, there are some I think I have no chance of securing, especially the Neil Young 1986 Cow Palace.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I skipped the Saturday start last year but went the next day at a civilised time to buy The Kinks stereo/mono releases. This year I'm tempted to go early on Saturday but it will have to be ridiculously early to get certain items.

I've had 7am and 8am starts and two years ago a 4am to get a good place in the queue. (1st, 28th and 15th respectively, if anyone was interested).

Jumbo and Crash usually open a bit earlier but it's stiil a long wait with all my fellow sad anoraks.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I might have a wander down to my nearest participating store this year, Endless Records, a small shop in Prestwich, Manchester. Never been before, yet its less than a couple of miles away from my home. There might be something interesting, you never know.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
georgecostanza said:
Anyone seen the Dream with Dean being listed as being stocked anywhere ?

Resident Records in Brighton will be stocking it

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=29615

it is on my list of possibles when I visit there next Saturday. Part of a very long wish list!

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I want Spanish Gold's debut single but fear it's US only.

Damn MMJ and their affiliates for being American. It happened a few years ago on an earlier RSD when MMJ released a 10"EP. Jumbo eventually tracked it down for me. Expensive though.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't need a special day to support my local record stores as I give them way to much of my money every time pay day comes around. I am going to give it a miss like I did last year.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
georgecostanza said:
Thanks but I live in london ! Funny that rough trade are stocking the pink panther theme but not Dean Martin . Sigh.

worth keeping an eye on the site as if it doesn't sell on the day or for the following week you will be able to order it:

'for those of you who have been asking about online sales, if we have any left over stock it will be available for sale online from 12.01am on saturday 26th aprilbut there's no knowing what will be left by then, so best get yourself down here well before then.'[/b]

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ClarkNovember said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
A company that is giving something away for RSD gets mentioned, but a store that is actually taking a real part in it doesnt! Crazy...

What RSD releases are HIFIX getting?

Technically, it would be Frank Harvey, as the website is called HiFix - Record Store Day is about stores rather than websites :)

I've been off this week and I'm not back in until Tuesday, so I'm not sure as yet. Due to the way it works, we place orders for what we want, then we find out what we get from those orders either when we get invoiced, or when it turns up. It seems a little bit messy, but that may be because it is our first year taking part. When I get back in Tuesday I'll see what the state of play is and post up what we have coming in.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
ClarkNovember said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
A company that is giving something away for RSD gets mentioned, but a store that is actually taking a real part in it doesnt! Crazy...

What RSD releases are HIFIX getting?

Technically, it would be Frank Harvey, as the website is called HiFix - Record Store Day is about stores rather than websites :)

I've been off this week and I'm not back in until Tuesday, so I'm not sure as yet. Due to the way it works, we place orders for what we want, then we find out what we get from those orders either when we get invoiced, or when it turns up. It seems a little bit messy, but that may be because it is our first year taking part. When I get back in Tuesday I'll see what the state of play is and post up what we have coming in.

No, that's pretty normal apparently, it's just because most of the releases are limited editions (very in some cases) and there's more orders than copies, so they only allow a limited number to each outlet and it's first come, first served. I understand a few years back solo music in barnstaple (now gone sadly) didn't get ANYTHING they ordered, presumably they'd left it a bit late with their order.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I think it should be done on an allocation. With say a limited run of 500, each store should be offered at least one, instead of larger stores getting ten or so. You may say that the bigger stores will be busier, but how are they going to grow and become bigger if they're not being given a fair break? If a store doesn't want their allocation, it can then be passed on to the larger stores.

Being our first one, it has been a steep learning curve, and a race to open as many accounts as we can in order to try and get what we want.

jjbomber

A 50 yard queue outside our local record store at opening time today. Audio-t were doing a demo day or Rega turntables on the first floor.

Now the important bit. Audio-t were giving away free sweets. The 'refreshers' were about half the size of the originals. they have gone the way of the Wagon Wheel.

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
jjbomber said:
A 50 yard queue outside our local record store at opening time today. Audio-t were doing a demo day or Rega turntables on the first floor.

Now the important bit. Audio-t were giving away free sweets. The 'refreshers' were about half the size of the originals. they have gone the way of the Wagon Wheel.

Have you seen Frys turkish delight as well, nearly non existant. Polo mints only last two suck and they are gone and Cream eggs can now be swallowed and not touch the sides, use to be too big to bite in toLOL.

AmigaNut

jjbomber

AmigaNut said:
Have you seen Frys turkish delight as well, nearly non existant. Polo mints only last two suck and they are gone and Cream eggs can now be swallowed and not touch the sides, use to be too big to bite in toLOL.

AmigaNut

Turkish Delight and Creme Eggs are two of my favourites as well. How did you know? At least creme eggs are three for a pound in Aldi, though I tend to eat two of them on the way round. If I'm really hungry, I end up giving in an empty box at the checkout.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I had no real inclination to go into town today, basically because I didn't fancy queueing up, and out of that list of special releases there was nothing I really wanted. However, popped into Endless Music in Prestwich and picked up a couple of decent quality 2nd hand LPs for £4 and £5 respectively.

Supertramp - Breakfast In America

The Tubes - The Completion Backward Principle

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:

As official Record Store Day participants (unlike other hi-fi stores), we were giving away full size Easter eggs. More people will probably have known we were part of RSD2014 if there was better support for independent hi-fi dealers by the media (cough cough), and they could've had a free egg as well as buying exclusive RSD releases (as well as being entered into prize draws!).

(I've steered clear of 'egg' puns)

TRENDING THREADS