The best limited edition picture discs for (almost) every Record Store Day

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
i don´t buy picture discs but i have some from the 80´s that were ofered to me and i would like to say that the showed album parklife wasn´t interested in it but i went to see the concert from this tour also from the next album ,the great scape, i after seeing each concert i bought the Lp´s ,mainly ebcause live it was played with a perfect in tempo but highly loud and well played rythm guitar with amplifier distortion ,like a rock band they were, also weren´t a new band ,so live they sounded very good and these two Lp´s were diferent from their early sound, but i liked them after hearing at home all tracks, it´s like Squeeze i don´t get them but after a person here explained to me the why i liked so much the early 80´s "is that love?" song ,why did Lp´s and song sounded so diferent as in the way they are played, well he sugested their next Lp that i listened to it on spotify and if in spotify they sounded good ,the record would sound several times better and i did bought them 2 ,1980 and next LP, it´s well played and bands live are not as some albums at the time sounded as unknown pleasures from Joy Division it´s drunk producer and very famous one made them sound incredible allthough they were just a rock band with great songs, some do like them for what they weren´t, there´s also New Order the renamed band after ian curtis killed himself, what i find the most funny is in some movies that tell the story of those days ,the actor choosen it´s always far from the look of Ian Curtis making them look like they weren´t, girls liked them a lot and seems that today ,the last 30 years seems they did a big work but never saw a photo of the band or a video, like the Wombats song"let´s dance to Joy Division"which i like. some say picture dics don´t sound as good as black vinyl but then they like "coloured vinyl" which that i know of they aren´t vinyl but wax and as an example i have the picture disc of Metallica´s ride the lightning, and it sounded good in a 74 pioneer turntable but not like a catalog turntable from that year but superior in sound and built quality also a bit bigger, it sounds good today as it sounded in the 80´s so i don´t understand why it is said they don´t sound so good , "they are only good to put them on a wall..." as i read in a youtube channel, but let me add that a friend bought their re-released albums some years ago ,some with three Lp´s in side with extra tracks or even more than just three, this were said to be improved from the old releases but they sound worst than my picture disc ,so i don´t get it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts