record buying on ebay

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I have bought quite a lot of records of ebay over the last three months or so.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that when I get a bargain sellers are inclined not to leave feedback. - A couple of times I had to get in contact with sellers because it took more than a week for them to even despatch. I tend to leave positive feedback, even then, only to find they can't be bothered to do likewise even though I pay immediately upon winning auctions.

I will now not leave feedback until I, as the buyer, receive any. I know certain sellers use automated systems which only leave feedback when receiving one but I take that hit.

I find this issue very annoying and have to say it mostly only happens with music sellers.

Other than that, my experience of buying vinyl on the bay has been positive.

regards

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Regardering leave feedback, I only leave feedback if seller leave feebback first!

As a buyer, and the way i see things the transaction is ended to the seller in the moment I pay for the item! Why it has to be the buyer the first to leave feedback???

I might add that the same only happen to me once or twice...

For me ebay is a nice place to buy second hand vinyl, as it is Discogs !

:cheers:

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint is there is sometimes a gulf between my idea of "NM" and "M-" and the seller's. Though over time I have learned to identify which sellers are likely to have similar standards as me and which sellers think "EX++" is my idea of "just about plays"

MajorFubar said:
My only complaint is there is sometimes a gulf between my idea of "NM" and "M-" and the seller's. Though over time I have learned to identify which sellers are likely to have similar standards as me and which sellers think "EX++" is my idea of "just about plays"

Quite right Majorfubar. Like a high street store you have to select your shop carefully. (Pretty much by trial and error on Ebay I know) but that way I have learnt to buy second-hand items from only a few limited dealers.

The reason the buyer has to leave feedback first is to assure other Ebayers that the item was as described and arrived intact etc. The seller only has to assure Ebayers that you have actually paid for it! So not much point in the seller leaving feedback first I feel. :)

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Really? I buy on vinyl on eBay and Discogs but I've always found that its 99% of the time over-graded on eBay. Its still a problem on Discogs but not as bad as eBay.

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
For me ebay is a nice place to buy second hand vinyl, as it is Discogs !

:cheers:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
The lack of feedback from sellers and buyers alike really annoys me. I have a 100% feeback rating of 216 but reckon that figure should be at least 240-250 if everyone over the years had done their bit too. These days I only leave feedback once I've received my feedback first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts