Recommended BluRay player ...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all , after some advice , after a new BluRay player - not 3d - to complement following components - Philips LED TV 40PFL5605H/05 , Onkyo AV Receiver TX-SR507 , 5.1 Spaker system Onkyo HTP-528 SKS-HT528 . , cant afford to upgrade so please dont tell me the setup is no good ( even if it is ) price upto about £400 , thanks in advance .

JJ

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald said:
Rosie123,

A Sony BDP-S370 sounds ideal for your needs and your system - and you will have a lot of cash left over!

Ronald

perfect
smiley-money-mouth.gif

John Duncan

My thoughts on the 370 (well, 373) here:

http://www.whathifi.com/blog/diary-of-a-blu-ray-virgin

Agreed, it's probably all you'll ever need - though if you really must spend 400 quid, the Cambridge Audio 650BD will give you all the performance you'll ever want (if you can find one).

manicm

It all depends what your budget is and what you require from a Blu-ray player really. I'm in a minority here, and while I think the 370 is an very good player I feel it can be bettered in the picture department. That said if that's all you have you'll have no regrets. I would look at Panasonic's latest spinners as well.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
My thoughts on the 370 (well, 373) here: http://www.whathifi.com/blog/diary-of-a-blu-ray-virgin Agreed, it's probably all you'll ever need - though if you really must spend 400 quid, the Cambridge Audio 650BD will give you all the performance you'll ever want (if you can find one).

Unfortunately, it's near impossible to buy a 650BD now. They're rarely available second hand, either. Perhaps more will be up for sale if owners upgrade to 3D-ready players.

If you're not fussed about internet features, you could follow my example and buy a second hand Denon DVD-2500BT. As a Blu-ray player it's hard to beat without spending a lot more. It's built to last, too, so you shouldn't feel anxious about picking one up from ebay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts