Recommended Amplifier for KEF R900

rvr2000

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
I have a pair of KEF R900 that is connected to a Marantz SR 7011. The Stereo performance is not up to the mark being an AV Receiver.
I intend to add either an Integrated Stereo Amp or Seperates (Power and Pre) with HT bypass to the preouts of the Marantz. Have been looking at the below options from Parasound:
Option1 - Parasound Hint 6 Integrated Amp
Option 2 - Parasound NewClassic 2250 v.2 Power Amp and Parasound NewClassic 200 Pre Amp
Appreciate suggestions as to which of the above would be an ideal one to go for.

rvr2000

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
If I were you I would stick to Mr. Curls classic design in the Hint 6 although I cannot say I have heard the Class D NewClassics.
I'm looking to get the Hint 6 myself as I prefer Class A/AB
Thanks much. The NewClassic 2250 Im referring to is Class AB as well. And hence the confusion. Since Hint6 is 160 watts and the 2250 is 275 watts and the NewClassic Power and Pre Package costs less than the Hint6.

record_spot

Depends on the AV amp I'd say. Having compared to an Exposure 3010s, a Harman HK990 and a Leema Pulse, my old Onkyo TX-NR818 was more than equal. With the added and required additional functionality that AV amps brought, that regular stereo integrateds weren't delivering a decade ago, it was an easy choice to make. That's the only option I'll consider these days.

As to what you want now, I think you need to listen to them in your own home if your can, and with a return optiom to the dealer.

Thanks much. The NewClassic 2250 Im referring to is Class AB as well. And hence the confusion. Since Hint6 is 160 watts and the 2250 is 275 watts and the NewClassic Power and Pre Package costs less than the Hint6.
Apologies,I got confused with New classic 200 integrated which is class D so assumed the 2250 was as well.
Can you get to audition these
With your speakers 160 watts is more than sufficient, it's more about current delivery and nearly doubling that into 4 ohm load.
Are you in the States?
How much cheaper is the Pre / Power combo?

rvr2000

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
Apologies,I got confused with New classic 200 integrated which is class D so assumed the 2250 was as well.
Can you get to audition these
With your speakers 160 watts is more than sufficient, it's more about current delivery and nearly doubling that into 4 ohm load.
Are you in the States?
How much cheaper is the Pre / Power combo?
I am in Dubai and the pricing here is atleast 20% upwards of US.
The power/pre combo constitutes around 85% of the price of Hint6. I thought separates are always preferred in place of Integrated and hence this confusion as to which one to opt for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts