Recommendations for cables for my system

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if you anyone could recommend cables for my current system as I am using the cables from my previous system and would like to upgrade them. My rig is currently:

T+A V10 valve amplifier
T+A D10 CD/SACD player
Arcam DV89 DVD player
Michell Gyrodec SE (with Origin Live Silver tonearm, Ortofon Kontrapunkt B cartridge)
Trichord Dino phono stage & Dino PSU
TAG McClaren DAC20
T+A TCI 2E speakers

I currently have Audioquest Quart x3 interconnects and Sonic Link AST 200 biwire speaker cables. (Sonic Link later changed their name to Black Rhodium). The speaker cables are actually from my first system.

I appreciate that I need to demo and listen for myself but in my experience its pretty difficult in practice since its never possible to try it with my system which is what matters. I'm currently looking at Ecoss and Atlas but I'm open to suggestions. As for budget I'm quite flexible but don't want to go mad and spend a disproportionate amount to my system.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks!

A

Anonymous

DistortedVision:
Hi,

I was wondering if you anyone could recommend cables for my current system as I am using the cables from my previous system and would like to upgrade them. My rig is currently:

T+A V10 valve amplifier
T+A D10 CD/SACD player
Michell Gyrodec SE (with Origin Live Silver tonearm, Ortofon Kontrapunkt B cartridge)
TAG McClaren DAC20
T+A TCI 2E speakers

I currently have Audioquest Quart x3 interconnects and Sonic Link AST 200 biwire speaker cables. (Sonic Link later changed their name to Black Rhodium). The speaker cables are actually from my first system.

I appreciate that I need to demo and listen for myself but in my experience its pretty difficult in practice since its never possible to try it with my system which is what matters. I'm currently looking at Ecoss and Atlas but I'm open to suggestions. As for budget I'm quite flexible but don't want to go mad and spend a disproportionate amount to my system.

Many thanks!

Hullo, I'm personally impressed with my Atlas Voyager interconnect and Hyper 2.0 speaker cable. It's the first time I've matched the makes and appears to work very well in my system.

Both companies you quote are multi award winners - I've not heard Ecosse but their site appears to have plenty of information.

I've not heard of your kit before - what is it like tonally? bassy? bright? etc.

Try eBay for a bargain and you can always sell on. I've done this route many times when I get the upgrade twinge!

I'm happy for now though just to listen to music instead of over-anaylising.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi, I answered a post nearly identical a couple of days ago with cable in the title. I replied a bit long windedly, so rather than type it again, I will go find it , make a short coment and bring it to the front of the list so it is easier to find.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
I've read that dnm is good cable for valve amps or any of the better solid core cables may do but for me gotham cables are about right on every front, price performance and build quality. Another good cable is the 79 strand cable from Maplins , about £1.29 a metre but as you have a very nice system you may want to splash out a bit more but i don't hear a night and day difference between cables so the gothams for me do the job just fine for me. I had a Leak Stereo 20 and a Croft micro pre and used a puresonic ic for a tenner and the Maplins speaker cable, it was the amps that sounded great not the cables as my brother gave me some audioquest cable at about £15.00 metre and a precious metals ic to try out and they made no difference at all. You could have a look on the HI-FI World website, they have a wealth of knowledge what cables to use with valve amps or the TNT site.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
DistortedVision:
Hi,

T+A V10 valve amplifier
T+A D10 CD/SACD player
TAG McClaren DAC20
T+A TCI 2E speakers

I currently have Audioquest Quart x3 interconnects and Sonic Link AST 200 biwire speaker cables.ÿ(Sonic Link laterÿchanged their name to Black Rhodium). The speaker cables ÿare actually from my first system.

I appreciate that I need to demo and listen for myself but in my experience its pretty difficult in practice since its never possible to try it with my system which is what matters.ÿ I'm currently looking at Ecoss and Atlas but I'm open to suggestions. As for budget I'm quite flexible but don't want to go mad and spend a disproportionate amount to my system.

Many thanks!

ÿ

You could try some Kimber 8vs speaker cable and the Russ Andrews Crystal interconnects but you are then looking at quite a few hundred quid. If I were you I would aks a friendly dealer to loan you a few to try.ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
DistortedVision:

Not a fan of Russ Andrews I'm afraid and certainly wouldn't buy any of his products for various reasons.

I also recently heard that a complaint to Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) against Russ Andrews Accessories Ltd was upheld in March. It makes interesting reading:

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_44177.htm

It would surprise me if he was the only one. TV and radio ads are the only ones that have to pass stringent measures before airing, you can pretty much write what you want on a press ad until someone complains,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts