Recommend me a Joe Cocker album

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have his 'Ultimate Collection 1968-2003' album and I really love every single song on it. :D

I'm going to get another one of his albums and want one of the original albums rather than another 'greatest hits' type album. Which one do you recommend?

Thanks. :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
I have his 'Ultimate Collection 1968-2003' album and I really love every single song on it. :D

I'm going to get another one of his albums and want one of the original albums rather than another 'greatest hits' type album. Which one do you recommend?

I also have, and love this album; so will be looking with interest at the recommendations.....so cheers for that.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
steve_1979 said:

I also have, and love this album; so will be looking with interest at the recommendations.....so cheers for that.

I find myself listening to more and more chilled out easy listening music nowadays. Must be geting old. :roll:

Joe Cocker is really good IMO and the quality of the recording and mastering seems very good too.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
I find myself listening to more and more chilled out easy listening music nowadays. Must be geting old. :roll:

Then try some Aaron Neville "Tattooed Heart"......if you're not too young, that is! :roll:

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
steve_1979 said:

Then try some Aaron Neville "Tattooed Heart"......if you're not too young, that is! :roll:

That's not really to my taste I'm afraid but thanks for the recommendation. :)

Keep the suggestions coming though because I always like to try something new. I only discovered Joe Cocker because of a suggestion on an easy listening thread a couple of years ago.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
That's not really to my taste I'm afraid but thanks for the recommendation. :)

Give yourself another 20 years, and you'd be surprised :shifty: .........at your age, I was of the same opinion.

If I think of something along similar lines (to JC), I'll mention it.

JamesPianoman

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hi Steve, now everyone else has done what you asked for and recommended studio albums, can I recommend a live one? Live (1999). Guilty and You Can Leave Your Hat On are standout tracks for me! :) Cheers!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Eagles "Long road out of Eden"

Jason Mraz "We sing, we dance, we steel things".

Jack Johnson "Sleep through the static".

Leonard Cohen "The essential Leonard Cohen".

John Hammod Jr "Wicked Grin".

Ismael Lo "Iso"

Terrence Trent D'Arby "Introducing the hardline"

If you can pick the bones out of that lot, you may find something you like........let me know if you do.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Eagles "Long road out of Eden"

Jason Mraz "We sing, we dance, we steel things".

Jack Johnson "Sleep through the static".

Leonard Cohen "The essential Leonard Cohen".

John Hammod Jr "Wicked Grin".

Ismael Lo "Iso"

Terrence Trent D'Arby "Introducing the hardline"

If you can pick the bones out of that lot, you may find something you like........let me know if you do.

I've had a quick five second listen to them all and that Eagles album seems like it could be very good. :grin:

Jason Mraz is ok too. I already have his song I'm Yours in my collection.

A friend of mine at work plays Jack Johnson. It makes nice and pleasent background music but not really the sort of thing that I'd buy though.

Leonard Cohen isn't much to my taste. I did recognise the song Suzanne from a Plan B track by the same name. That's a genuinly shocking song that made me cringe a bit when I first heard it. It's a true story about the Camdeon ripper. :O

John Hammod isn't much to my taste either because I've never been a blues fan. The only exception is the album The Best of Friends by John Lee Hooker. Very cool album. 8)

Ismael Lo reminds me of holiday music. It seems nice. I'll give it a go sometime.

Terence Trent D'arby - Sign Your Name. Now there's a blast from the past. I've just added that song to my 'Miscellaneous songs' Spotify list.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a strange eclectic taste in music, so if you found anything new, that is good.

I appreciate you took the trouble to try it. That Eagles double album is terrific.

Did you find any Bodeans?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I have a strange eclectic taste in music

Me too. :grin:

I mostly listen to classical music, rock music, 80's pop music, rave music, some (not much) hip hop and easy listening.

CnoEvil said:
Did you find any Bodeans?

That sounds quite nice. I'll give them a proper go tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestions. :cheers:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to be boring, but I am another one who rates Sheffield Steel as his best album. As mentioned previously the rhythm section of Sly & Robbie on this recording just cannot be bettered IMO. In my top 5 albums of all time

Also got a soft spot for Stingray, recorded a few years before SS, but well worth a listen. Very laid back.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
dragon76 said:
Try Hard Knocks. The newest album, absolutely brilliant and on par with the earlier material.

Thanks for the recdommendation. :)

I've been listening to some more Joe Cocker on Spotify over the last couple of weeks and 'Hard Knocks' is one of the best so I've just bought the CD. 8)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts