Recommanded cable for home cinemaset

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hallo,

I just bougt an Onkyo multichannel reciever TX SR 606 with a Canton home cinema speakerset movie CD 101. Also bought Chord HDMI 1,5 and 15 meter for this set.
I am considering buying some speakercables for this home cinema system.
I already have:

Sony TV KDL 40W3000 LCD
Toshiba HD DVD model XE1
Sony Bly Ray model 300
Digibox for receiving digital and HD-channels over the antenna

For the home cinema following lengts will be needed:

2 front speakers, 1 subwoofer and 1 center speaker: each 15 meter lenght
2 rear speakers 4 meter lenght
All spekers impedance : 4 - 8 ohm

What speakercable is recommend for this set? Is it recommended to use QED-plugs?

Regards,

Bart

A

Anonymous

bltn:
2 front speakers, 1 subwooferÿand 1 center speaker: each 15 meter lenght

. ?ÿ

A

Anonymous

I saw that subwoofer needs an onther type of cable. Will probably buy the QED Performance or the SR-SW.

Question remains what speakercable is recommended? I looked to QED, Inakustic and Chord. QED: original, bronze or silver anniversary? Inakustic: Special edition 2x2.5 silver or joker 2x2.5 and Chord: campana or carnaval.

A

Anonymous

Chord Carnival SS

What connections does your sub have? If it has line in use this

lee37

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
chord rumour 2 for surround thin cable but good quality recommended by my local parctical hifi £11 metre

qed xt 350 or xt 400 with qed airloc plugs for centre and front.

350 is £13.50 metre 400 is £15.50 metre qed airloc plugs are about £5 each

for the chord get the ixos plugs at £2.50 each

A

Anonymous

euh...

I will need 55 meters total lenght. I have a budget but not skyhigh.

A

Anonymous

As lee37 has added you would be wise to go for higher quality cable for L+R channels, and preferably a shielded cable for the C, and since it's normally such a short run most people buy expensive cable. If your centre speaker is a normal horizontal design though with the tweeter in the middle, most can't make full value of expensive cable.

I would look at Chord Odyssey 2 as I strongly oppose to QED cable (although I haven't heard the Revelation as featured in this months WHF at £15 a metre). What QED and Chord offer though is quality, but they are at different ends of the spectrum. My advice would be to go and listen to them.

A

Anonymous

Yes, centerspeaker has two woofers (2 x 80mm) and 1 tweeter (15mm) in the middle. It is a 2-way closed system.

http://www.canton.de/en-produktdetail-movie-moviecd101.htm

I will see if I can find a dealer in Belgium where I can listen to both cables QED and Chord. But mostly they just sell one brand not the other and there is also a big price difference e.g. Chord HDMI 1.3 silver plus is £ 110 with a dealer in Belgium and £ 66 in the U.K. QED silver anniversary XT £ 10/meter in Belgium and £ 4.45/meter in U.K.

A

Anonymous

OK, I think with the system you are getting Chord Carnival SS would be an ideal option at about £5/m. It is shielded and sounds great, a bit of a bargain. If your budget doesn't stretch this far (55m!) you could get the SS for the front 3, and maybe something like the QED micro for the rears.

A

Anonymous

Your sub has a high and low level input so you could use speaker cable, however the best choice would be to use the link I gave you above (or something like it) and get a Y connector to plug that cable into the sub.

A

Anonymous

Octopo,

My subwoofer has multiple connections:

- cinch sockets L + R/mono (low input level)

- 2 x screw terminals L + R (one with R/mono) (high level input)

As I can see with my Onkyo 606 I need to use the cinchconnection. Do I need to use both sockets on the subwoofer? With the subwoofer came a cable with 2 male cinch sockets and 1 male cinch socket.

I tried to post a picture of it but photo was not visible; only a small red cross was shown.

A

Anonymous

oops,

answer came before I could post the question. Thanks
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Can I hear the difference between my setup with frontspeakers and centerspeaker with 4 meter cable or with 15 meter cable. Cable is Chord Carnival silver screen. If I rearrange my livingroom it is possible shortening from 15 meters to 4 meters. But will I hear it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts