What connector/plug to use for connecting both systems home cinema and hifi on one speaker?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hallo,

I want to use my left frontspeaker from my home cinema also with my hifi-system. For this the best way is, I think, using one small cable (+/- 1 meter) connecting always to my speaker and using two cables one from my Onkyo 606 and one coming from my hifi receiver and then connecting the cable from the system I want to use. This would have the advantage that I don't have to switch the cable at the rear of the speaker but at groundlevel. What is the most recommanded connection/plug (male/female) for this? The frontspeaker is a B&O RL60 and the speaker cable is Chord Carnival Silverscreen.

The other RL60 speaker (right) in my hifi-system is only connected to my hifi-set not on my home cinema.

Regards,

Bart

A

Anonymous

How?

The cable is only connected to one reveiver at the time.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
bltn:
How?

The cable is only connected to one reveiver at the time.

Two cables, both connected to the same speaker - too easy to be forgetful and connect both at once. But if you really want to do this I'd suggest using Neutrik Speakon plugs and sockets

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I agree, I personally wouldn't. I'm sure you could get a switch. My advice would be to trade up to the 706 model with pre-outs and then you could connect the hifi amp to the front pre-outs on the 706 and have both amps driving your speakers. The hifi amp would drive the fronts and the AVR would take care of the remaining channels. In layman's terms this frees up power to the AVR to drive the centre and rears (the sub drives itself so to speak) and gives you the best quality sound reproduction for both music and movies. I use such a setup and it works for me.

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't connect both cables to the speaker at the same time.

The suggestion of a switch is an option. Is it like some still uses a A/B-switch for printing.

I was thinking at:

Onkyo: cable 1 + male plug / Hifi: cable 2 + male plug / speaker: cable 3 (1 meter long with one side connected to speaker and the other side with a female plug) and switching the male plugs when I use or hifi or home cinema.

Changing amp? I don't know. My Onkyo 606 is only 5 months "old".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts