Receiver for KEF KHT3005SE?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Pioneer PDP-LX5090 screen, Pioneer BDP-LX52 Blu-Ray player and am probably about to order the KEF KHT 3005SE speaker package (because they can have wireless rear speakers and their use in quite a large room). I now want to order a receiver that will complement this combination. Unfortunately as I live in the south of Spain it is impossible for me to demo all the options that might be available in the UK. Consequently any advice for a reasonably priced receiver would be greatly appreciated please.

A

Anonymous

You can buy the Kef 3005SE with a wireless sub but not wireless rear speakers as far as I know.

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
As Daveee says.

As for the receiver, I've got a Denon AVR-1910 on order for my 3005SEs, should hopefully be a good combo. If I'd been willing to spend a little more I may have opted for the 2310 though.

A

Anonymous

Hi Daveee

Thanks for your thought however I understand that KEF say on their website that their wireless system (purchased separately) will work with any of their speakers - www.kef.com/GB/SurroundSound/Wireless/Wireless

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy for your suggestion.

I have already looked at the Best Buys and was indeed considering the Denon AVR-1910 or AVR-2310 however I have read that some receivers would work better with the KEF speakers depending on the complete system and location (our spanish home has marble floors and is a reasonable size so this would affect the acoustics) so I was trying to opt for the best receiver that would offer me the best sound from the speakers - primarily for video (Freesat + Blu-Ray/DVD) but also possibly for audio (CD + radio) uses. For example would the Yamaha RX-V1065, Sony STR-DA2400ES or Pioneer VSX-LX52 (is there any advantage to keeping the system all in the same family as I have a Pioneer screen and Blu-Ray player?) be worth considering?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Marbella:I understand that KEF say on their website that their wireless system (purchased separately) will work with any of their speakers - www.kef.com/GB/SurroundSound/Wireless/Wireless

Indeed it will. Not cheap though...

A

Anonymous

I agree, but with marble floors I haven't been able to find an alternative cost-effective solution!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about sticking with Pioneer just because your other components are made by them - mixing components from different manufacturers can often give better results. We gave the VSX-LX52 four stars, because it can be bettered in the performance-per-pound stakes.

The Yamaha and Sony are both excellent in their own right, but they were beaten by the two Denons (AVR-1910 and 2310) in our 2009 Awards, so I'd stick with one of those two.

A

Anonymous

Hi I have a similar looking at the denon 1910 at £400 or yamaha 1065 at £500 (the 2310 it out of my budget)

Which one would you thick best suits the kefs 3005se?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts