AV Receiver Demo for KEF 3005SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Tomorrow I'm going to demo some av receivers. I currently have Kef 3005SE speakers and about £850 max to spend.

Can anyone recommend a receiver that would be a good match for these speakers to try out ?

Currenly I have on my shortlist :

Onkyo TX-NR609

Onkyo TX-NR709

Yamaha RX-V1067

Yamaha RX-V2076

Pioneer VSX-LX53

Any recomendations as to which would be a good match appreciated. I've never had a Yamaha or Onkyo receiver before so looking forward to seeing how they sound. I've heard that the Yamaha's are really good with the Kefs too.

EvertonMonkey said:
Tomorrow I'm going to demo some av receivers. I currently have Kef 3005SE speakers and about £850 max to spend.

Can anyone recommend a receiver that would be a good match for these speakers to try out ?

Currenly I have on my shortlist :

Onkyo TX-NR609

Onkyo TX-NR709

Yamaha RX-V1067

Yamaha RX-V2076

Pioneer VSX-LX53

Any recomendations as to which would be a good match appreciated. I've never had a Yamaha or Onkyo receiver before so looking forward to seeing how they sound. I've heard that the Yamaha's are really good with the Kefs too.

Hi EvertonMonkey

I've not heard the new these new Onkyo's yet. Other then this the RX-V1067 or in particular the RX-V2067 are the receivers i would highly recommend to go with your KEF speakers as they pair well :bigsmile: A safe bet :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

From what I've been reading, I'm leaning towards the RX-1067 as I can get it for £600 at the dealer I'm going to.

The RX-2067 and the LX53 are the next step up, but are they worth the extra £250ish ? Well hopefully I will find out today.

A

Anonymous

I've cut the shortlist down to the 2 yamaha's and the pioneer now. I was slightly put off the 2067 due to the WHF review, which I usually use as a base starting point.

Yamaha or Pioneer arghhhhhh

A

Anonymous

What would you say are the main benefits / improvements of the 2067 over the 1067 ?

A

Anonymous

Well I ended up getting the Yamaha RX-V2067 for £749.90, gonna get it setup now and have a play ;-)

A

Anonymous

I've had a bit of a play with it and there are so many options and differences from my previous Sony 5300es that I am having to read up on investigate.

I have noticed a significant improvement in sound quality though from my sony, the kefs seem much more "alive" and I'm hearing alot more detail in soundtracks. Will have more time to play tomorrow when the kids go out, but so well impressed with my first Yamaha ;-)

PS - Thanks for all the advice earlier in the day, I was gonna go with the 1067 but as I managed to get the 2067 for such a good price I couldnt resist after all the recomendations on here ;-)

A

Anonymous

Any idea how to get the AV1 input to remember my input settings, I configured it for Sky HD to use optical input for sound and works ok until I turn the receiver off, when its switched back on it goes back to "Auto".

Should I be using the AV buttons or the Scenes ?

A

Anonymous

I'm also looking for a receiver for a new 3005SE set.

Is the RX-V2067 still preferable or is any of the new Yamaha models recommended for the 3005SE set?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Yamaha is still my main choice with KHT. The new models are available but with the OP's original budget the top of the range 3067 is now within reach. As David has mentioned the KHT range come on song with better amplification.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'll try to look out for a 3067. Seems like lowest price around here is about £1000.

What you're saying is that 3067 would be better than one of the new models in the same price range (£1000), correct?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts