Best Receiver for Kef iQ series?

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have just built a new house which is getting a Marantz/B & W 685 cinema/Pana 4000 setup,but now i have yet another install to contemplate.The house i currently live in has a dedicated theatre with Lexicon/B & W 800 series/Pioneer BDP LX91/JVC 750 PJ.
I want to sell the house in the next few months and keep most of my expensive components,so i need to replace them with some cheaper gear.I have purchased Kef iQ90's,iQ60c,and two pairs of iQ10's for surrounds.I have also picked up a Kef Kube2 sub.
I have not even listened to them,and i bought them based purely on their massively discounted price as they have now been replaced with the new range.

A few receiver/BD options that i'm thinking about which deals are currently available on are:
Pioneer VSX 1020/BDP 430
Sony STR-HG 820/BDP-S380
Onkyo TX SR608/and ?

So,the big question is..which receiver and BD combo will give the best 'sonic fit' with the Kefs?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
KiwiMoto said:
I have just built a new house which is getting a Marantz/B & W 685 cinema/Pana 4000 setup,but now i have yet another install to contemplate.The house i currently live in has a dedicated theatre with Lexicon/B & W 800 series/Pioneer BDP LX91/JVC 750 PJ. I want to sell the house in the next few months and keep most of my expensive components,so i need to replace them with some cheaper gear.I have purchased Kef iQ90's,iQ60c,and two pairs of iQ10's for surrounds.I have also picked up a Kef Kube2 sub. I have not even listened to them,and i bought them based purely on their massively discounted price as they have now been replaced with the new range. A few receiver/BD options that i'm thinking about which deals are currently available on are: Pioneer VSX 1020/BDP 430 Sony STR-HG 820/BDP-S380 Onkyo TX SR608/and ? So,the big question is..which receiver and BD combo will give the best 'sonic fit' with the Kefs?

Check out the Yamaha range, always a good sonic fit with KEFs, recently upgraded my system from older Q series tot he new Qs, definitely a different sonic note from the KEFs (between the two models) however the Yamaha fits very nicely

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
fayeanddavid said:
KiwiMoto said:
I have just built a new house which is getting a Marantz/B & W 685 cinema/Pana 4000 setup,but now i have yet another install to contemplate.The house i currently live in has a dedicated theatre with Lexicon/B & W 800 series/Pioneer BDP LX91/JVC 750 PJ. I want to sell the house in the next few months and keep most of my expensive components,so i need to replace them with some cheaper gear.I have purchased Kef iQ90's,iQ60c,and two pairs of iQ10's for surrounds.I have also picked up a Kef Kube2 sub. I have not even listened to them,and i bought them based purely on their massively discounted price as they have now been replaced with the new range. A few receiver/BD options that i'm thinking about which deals are currently available on are: Pioneer VSX 1020/BDP 430 Sony STR-HG 820/BDP-S380 Onkyo TX SR608/and ? So,the big question is..which receiver and BD combo will give the best 'sonic fit' with the Kefs?

Check out the Yamaha range, always a good sonic fit with KEFs, recently upgraded my system from older Q series tot he new Qs, definitely a different sonic note from the KEFs (between the two models) however the Yamaha fits very nicely

I agree that you need a warmer sounding amp. I owned the IQ9/IQ6C and they sounded great with an Arcam AVR350. So look to Arcam/Yamaha/Denon/Marantz.

Cno

TRENDING THREADS