Receiver for KEF system

mannenigata

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.

I have been here before asking for suggestions regarding choice of Receiver for a B&W system. The original plan back then was to go for a Yamaha z7 to power it.

BUT, destiny wanted it other wise, and I will be going for a KEF system instead.
I will get my KEF XQ40 front speakers this week, and I will get KEF XQ10 rear speakers, and XQ50 center later on. As for sub, I´m thinking about SVS.

Anyway, when it comes to the Receiver, I have been reading around, and Yamaha does not seem to be the best choice for KEF. I see allot of people recommend Pioneer for KEF. So I was thinking about getting a Pioneer SC-LX82 Receiver and an Emotiva XPA-5 Power Amplifier.

What do you think, does this sound good, or do you have any other suggestions? (Budget about 2500 GBP).

I appreciate all input. :)

Best regards!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
You would be fine with just the Pioneer on it's own with the XQ40's no real need for a power amp. In 5.1 you can bi-amp the fronts and that really will be more than enough unless you have a a very large room.

The Pioneer will sound very good with the Kefs but the Yamaha would be a better match. The £1000 you could save by buying a Z7 could get you XQ30's at the rear.

Nick

mannenigata:Hi all.

I have been here before asking for suggestions regarding choice of Receiver for a B&W system. The original plan back then was to go for a Yamaha z7 to power it.

BUT, destiny wanted it other wise, and I will be going for a KEF system instead.
I will get my KEF XQ40 front speakers this week, and I will get KEF XQ10 rear speakers, and XQ50 center later on. As for sub, Iïm thinking about SVS.

Anyway, when it comes to the Receiver, I have been reading around, and Yamaha does not seem to be the best choice for KEF. I see allot of people recommend Pioneer for KEF. So I was thinking about getting a Pioneer SC-LX82 Receiver and an Emotiva XPA-5 Power Amplifier.

What do you think, does this sound good, or do you have any other suggestions? (Budget about 2500 GBP).

I appreciate all input. :)

Best regards!

Hi mannenigata

I have sold many Yamaha AV amps over the years with KEF speakers over the years and tonally they work very well. Kef's UniQ technilogy and Yamaha's Cinema DSP also compliment each other. Therefore i will suggest that you look at Yamaha's DSP-Z7 as i believe it will be a really good match with the KEF speakers.

Btw, an amp like the DSP-Z7 powerful so a power amp such as the Emotiva can be added at a later date and SVS sub woofers are also very good.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS