Reavon 4K Blu-ray players have had a price increase!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 197450

Just one last look you can get a multi-zone and multi-region one for the same price:

buzz_lightclick

Just one last look you can get a multi-zone and multi-region one for the same price:

Which 4K blu ray players have you currently got, and do you use them often?

dhp

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I Was a bit gobsmacked at the increases. I personally felt that the ubr x100 was overpriced at 699.00 due to the lack of sacd support , no WiFi and DVD audio support only via a firmware support . The firmware i have read is prone to bugs and the firmware update is not always successful.

I can't help feeling the the price increase is partly due to lack of competition in the midprice sector and supply channel issues affecting production .

D

Deleted member 197450

Why? Didn't you already buy one and return? You know you don't need it.
My Cambridge Audio 4K Blu-ray player keeps playing up. I had the x100 but the pure Audio button didn’t work so returned it faulty. I am replacing my CA player with the x110 Reavon 4K player. Bought it from Europe too.

D

Deleted member 197450

Why? Didn't you already buy one and return? You know you don't need it.
My Cambridge Audio is working perfectly again, just needed a firmware update which now got and one disc had finger prints on! :oops:

D

Deleted member 197450

Will you keep the Reavon, or send it back? Interested to know how you fare with import duty from the EU.
I paid import duty of £165 on Friday and will be delivered tomorrow by Parcel Force. Total cost £915 from HDL including. Not worth sending back though I will keep or sell it.

Reactions: nopiano

manicm

If I were Reavon I'd rather take that extra 140 quid to enhance the sound and video rather than trying to be a jack of all trades incorporating largely expired physical formats like SACD and DVD-Audio

It reeks a bit of marketing gimmickry.

D

Deleted member 197450

I have decided I am going to hook up the Reavon X110 player to my Denon amp and keep my CA player connected too and rotate between the 2 of them. It’s not the first time I have had 2 4K Blu-Ray players either! :)

D

Deleted member 197450

Why would you rotate them?! You can only use one at once. If the CA works I would save your money and return the Reavon. Surely that makes sense?!
Well I have already paid £165 customs charge I doubt I can get that back now and I would’ve pay to send it back to France and that won’t be cheap or easy.

D

Deleted member 197450

I'm assuming the import duty is a done deal. Just thinking if you sold it you might lose even more?
Yep, although the UK price of it will be similar to what I paid including customs charge. Reavon don’t seem that popular at the moment though people prefer the Panasonic UB900 or an old Oppo on ebay.

D

Deleted member 197450

Why would you rotate them?! You can only use one at once. If the CA works I would save your money and return the Reavon. Surely that makes sense?!
I also suppose me collecting Blu-Ray players is like someone else collecting motor bikes.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
I suspect there are likely more variables involved with owning multiple motorbikes, but as I don't I can only speculate! As I have said in another thread, my or anyone else's opinion as to how others spend their money is nothing to do with anyone other than the purchaser. If it makes you happy and you have the cash then go for it. I just can't see the point in having two is all given the likely minor differences. 🙂👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts