Reavon 4K Blu-ray players have had a price increase!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 197450

I have just found a high speed Ethernet HDMI cable, that should be fine right?

D

Deleted member 197450

Got most things working but just can’t seem to do the firmware update via USB stick. I guess the EU one is right not US:

D

Deleted member 197450

It had the UK plug inside just like I thought it would. Picture and sound works great. With the firmware update it seems to enable 5.1 surround sound in SACDs. It states on the front of the player 5.1 surround sound when I load a disc and start to play but on the amp says stereo and it’s playing in stereo. There is options on the Denon amp for multi-channel and surround sound though but you have to turn the volume right up compared to the CA player.

Its playing my DVDs in full 16:9 which is great.

D

Deleted member 197450

Got both of the 4K Blu-ray players on my stand and both working great! (y)

D

Deleted member 197450

anyway the CA player isn’t actually mine its my dad’s, I am just borrowing it, I sold both of my CA players for a profit. So now I actually own a 4K Blu-ray player again. Pure audio button is working on this Reavon unlike the Reavon X100 which is very important to me.

D

Deleted member 197450

Has anyone got any idea on the firmware update and what I am doing wrong? It seems a tiny file I am downloading onto USB disk. I download it onto the laptop. Then I insert the disk and it’s file D and then I drag the download file into the file D and that’s it right? Thanks

Its ok I sorted it! Now got SACD play black in 5.1 surround sound! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 197450

Anyone got any idea why the Cambridge Audio says SACD PCM and the Reavon just says SACD.

abacus

Anyone got any idea why the Cambridge Audio says SACD PCM and the Reavon just says SACD.

SACD & PCM are different types of digital information with the most common being PCM, which any DAC can decode and why most players that support SACD allow it to be converted into PCM.
Sometimes it is just mentioned in the manual, other times manufactures stick it on their equipment, CA obviously decided to make a point out of it.

Bill

D

Deleted member 197450

SACD & PCM are different types of digital information with the most common being PCM, which any DAC can decode and why most players that support SACD allow it to be converted into PCM.
Sometimes it is just mentioned in the manual, other times manufactures stick it on their equipment, CA obviously decided to make a point out of it.

Bill
Thanks Bill. (y)

TRENDING THREADS