Ready for the Streamers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
ESP2009 said:
Perhpas I should be going the whole hog and trying the Naim Uniti? :)

Yup.....it's a good start.

Ah, but at 50 watts is it 'man' enough to drive the ProAc Studio 140 Mk2 speakers? That 50 watts is half my Primare I30 capability, so would I end up with the whole new search for speakers again?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ESP2009 said:
CnoEvil said:
ESP2009 said:
Perhpas I should be going the whole hog and trying the Naim Uniti? :)

Yup.....it's a good start.

Ah, but at 50 watts is it 'man' enough to drive the ProAc Studio 140 Mk2 speakers? That 50 watts is half my Primare I30 capability, so would I end up with the whole new search for speakers again?

I know.....but it would be the start of a journey that would end up with a Linn. >)

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
If you go with a Uniti 2 it has 70 watts available but have a look at the link below, a 1 box solution in the similar price range but better spec and more watts on tap and good supply of them aswell nearly doubling when halving the load. Not sure on the possible combination with ProAc though, demo would be needed.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/ta-adds-all-in-one-network-music-receiver

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
shooter said:
If you go with a Uniti 2 it has 70 watts available but have a look at the link below, a 1 box solution in the similar price range but better spec and more watts on tap and good supply of them aswell nearly doubling when halving the load. Not sure on the possible combination with ProAc though, demo would be needed. http://www.whathifi.com/news/ta-adds-all-in-one-network-music-receiver

Ooooooooh, nice! Do I have to go all the way to Germany for an audition? :)

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
It does look a very nice bit of kit and different versions are available if your not keen on the brushed ally look, personnelly all "hi-fi" should be :)

UK distributer for the T+A ~ E Music Series Receiver are Acoustic Brands Ltd [ABL] They distribute to a few retailers around the UK, the link below points to them, hope there's one near you ESP, if not may be worth a day out, the snippets of reviews if found on-line are very favorable 8)

http://acousticbrandslimited.com/?page_id=31

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Grrrr! I have begun to discover why streaming from my laptop is not going to be an option if I store my music files on its capacious drive. I have Western Digital external drives x2 (older 1Tb Elements models) and a 2012 vintage My Book Essentials. All work fine thus far. However...the nifty s/w that goes with this last item is a problem; in monitoring the laptop it seems rather too keen on accessing the hard drive...a lot! This is causing repeated interruptions in the music as I listen.

I disabled Windows Defender (when I realised it was duplicating the efforts of my main security suite) and then Roxio's drive monitoring services plus WD's programs. Solves the problem every time. But what a faff!?!

If these services interfere with discs outside the laptop I am going to be rather miffed!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts