Re: Panasonic L32D25 USB Recording Issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, My first post and would appreciate some advice.

Looking at the specs for this model and others in the range it seems when recording a programme from one of the built in tuners (say Freesat) to a hard drive via the USB record facility only the programme being recorded can be viewed on screen.

Is it possible to switch to the built in Freeview tuner during this recording and view another channel on screen?

A

Anonymous

Simply the answer is NO. The reason behind it is probably because if you shift from one tuner to another while recording via the USB socket it would switch the recording over aswell as the USB socket is associated with all the tuners of the tv and not individually.

I think that kinda makes sense?

A

Anonymous

Thanks panasonic store. Just another thought!

Is it possible during the recording of a programme from one of the built in tuners to view on screen any material from another source for example a DVD player or a Sky box (so by-passing the inbuilt tuners) and still allow the the recording to take place, or is the TV essentially only able to show on screen the programme being recorded?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can watch another source while recording from Tuners to usb hard disk.. i do this all of the time.. recording to hard disk from the freeview tunner while watching films from ps3 or blu-ray player on HDMI 1 input. It can be a little annoying as when the program is about to start a banner pops up on screen that you need to click ok to with the tvs remote, and when recording starts the USB recording message appears for a few seconds.. might be a way to switch these off..

Cheers,

Mick

Rantasam:

Thanks panasonic store. Just another thought!

Is it possible during the recording of a programme from one of the built in tuners to view on screen any material from another source for example a DVD player or a Sky box (so by-passing the inbuilt tuners) and still allow the the recording to take place, or is the TV essentially only able to show on screen the programme being recorded?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts