Question RCA interconnect

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
That's not evidence, that's marketing.
Indeed. I remember years ago when I purchased the Alpha 7 from Richer Sounds, I took in my Pioneer and my old speaker cable, just basic two-core flex had a plastic connector instead of one continuous length, I and the sales person was surprised how good that sounded.

It sounds so antiquated now but it worked well.

Reactions: WayneKerr

gasolin

I did try bi-wiring and couldn't hear any real sonic benefits, just mentioned the extra cost as it's money for old rope.

As we used to say in sales (not hi-fi related): KIS: Keep It Simple.

Again nothing extra worth mentioning when trying bi wiring (the thomann link) since you just use the cable single wire if you don't like it bi wired

Atleast you know you have the cable if you want to go bi amping :sneaky:

Gray

Often expensive cable are made with material and in such a way that they do sound different, when you can afford expensive cable you also have an expensive system where you can hear a difference
The above perfectly sums up the message that the likes of Futureshop and Russ Andrews try to instill in people.

....play the "expensive equipment necessary" card....then, when people don't hear a difference....."maybe my gear isn't good enough 🤔".

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr
D

Deleted member 201267

The above perfectly sums up the message that the likes of Futureshop and Russ Andrews try to instill in people.

....people that are often just looking for some honest information.

Russ Andrews, Russ Andrews, don't mention RUSS ANDREWS !!!

D

Deleted member 201267

Often expensive cable are made with material and in such a way that they do sound different, when you can afford expensive cable you also have an expensive system where you can hear a difference

What trickers me is when watching hifi videos where some are using power cable, mains on a entry level amp like a nac c316bee or cambridge audio axa 35 that costs several 100 euros, might be the same they test everything with but some do use very expensive cable relative to the cost of an amp or speakers or cdplayer, unless it's what they always use for testing i don't get that

A Youtuber spending more on a cable than the hardware its connecting - like this bloke ?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuXhVtoCKwM

WayneKerr

As Al says. Try both DACs by using both the digital out on the CD60 (digital feed to amp) and RCA out (analogue feed to amp) and compare. Don't go silly expense on cables, basics will do. Doubt there'll be much in it but I reckon the CD60 DAC will sound better... just my opinion.

Come back with your thoughts (y)

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
As Al says. Try both DACs by using both the digital out on the CD60 (digital feed to amp) and RCA out (analogue feed to amp) and compare. Don't go silly expense on cables, basics will do. Doubt there'll be much in it but I reckon the CD60 DAC will sound better... just my opinion.

Come back with your thoughts (y)
Thanks .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts