Ray Lamontagne & The Pariah Dogs

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
'God Willin & The Creek Don't Rise.'

I know, I know this should go in the 'CD' thread but .... *NO*

I love how this guy sings I really do - been a closet fan since the 'Trouble' album.

Two stand out tracks so far 'Are we really through' and 'This Love is over'

Playing through the Rotel ra-1520 - it sounds great. Production is sweet. The album has an open 'live' sound to it not the 'studio' sound on Trouble.

Just thought I'd share - check it out.
I actually bought his 'Supernova' too not had a listen yet, both £5.99.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I like it too .

This is particularly good .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHmNEQYc3js&ebc=ANyPxKoL6c5-ApD8n43cYknWgiU_0ajccqHFTDoI-ZgpMRtkcJUmY7v_KBFv_dBDi826nMX-ycjcvJDvfdJPJ_vKsElRKVNXQg

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Electro said:
I like it too .

This is particularly good .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHmNEQYc3js&ebc=ANyPxKoL6c5-ApD8n43cYknWgiU_0ajccqHFTDoI-ZgpMRtkcJUmY7v_KBFv_dBDi826nMX-ycjcvJDvfdJPJ_vKsElRKVNXQg

But that's from the 'Trouble ' album.

Worth a punt too people.

Support your local record store or HMV..... :-D

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
'God Willin & The Creek Don't Rise.'

I love how this guy sings I really do - been a closet fan since the 'Trouble' album.

Two stand out tracks so far 'Are we really through' and 'This Love is over'

P

First album of his I purchased and agree sound excellent, very clear vocals.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Gossip in the Grain

Got me started with great mastered modern alt folk

superb album!

RMru8Wyl.jpg

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I have just remembered why we do all this stuff! Its the music. I have to owe it to Macspur for bringing me a very high % of my beautiful music ever since. A great post and well placed in my opinion.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Pretty good. Like the production too. I'd prefer it if he didn't sing, but that's just me. I don't enjoy vocals in much music.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
ID. said:
Pretty good. Like the production too. I'd prefer it if he didn't sing, but that's just me. I don't enjoy vocals in much music.

Lol..... I feel like that about hip hop. Love the music/mixing/sampling, have no time for the lyrics, vocals......

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Like his first 2 albums, not so keen on Supernova. God Willin & The Creek Don't Rise is in between for me.
Gossip in The Grain is pretty good also.
See he has a new album just out, Ouroboros. Hmmm not so keen on the direction he is going.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
ID. said:

Lol..... I feel like that about hip hop. Love the music/mixing/sampling, have no time for the lyrics, vocals......

im definitely with you on that. I would far prefer "instrumental" versions of most of it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts