Raise an LCD to fit a center speaker.... PLEASE Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am ordering my LCD this week (either Samsung UE46b7020 or UE46b8000). The center channel will be a JBL ES25c. I found a stand I absoloutely LOVE! Only problem is that I cannot work out how I will get the plasma and the JBL center on the main part of the stand?

I will also have a Panasonic Blue Ray player, Sky HD and Onkyo Amp (prob 876). Can someone please help me understand how I would fit it onto a stand such as the opne below? Maybe there is a way to raise the LCD?

I found an Alphason stand with a neck to mount an LCD higher, but that stand is only in cherry or dark wood. I want black!

ES25c -http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=ES25C&Language=ENG&Country=US,US&Region=&cat=CCS&ser=ES

STAND - http://www.furnitureinfashion.net/product_info.php?products_id=3174

Thanks

Jay

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Sorry! You need to forget about this stand as it is completely unsuitable. The drawers take up too much space, so - as you have realised - there isn't nearly enough room for your kit, and there isn't enough space around the units. The Onkyo amps run hot, which is generally OK when they have plenty of ventilation, but which leads to disaster when they don't. Sky HD boxes also start protesting if they're shut in.

Have a look at the Atacama AV range. Another option, since your centre speaker can take up a shelf on its own, is to have a smaller second rack for some items.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Agreed - it doesn't give much information on the size of those shelves in that rack, but it doesn't look to me like an Onkyo 876 would even fit in them. Even if it did, you would literally only have a few centimetres clearance and this just isn't enough for virtually any AV receiver to properly cool itself, especially when it's enclosed on all sides.

On the centre speaker, you can always mount this above the TV which frees up valuable rack space below for other components - it's not ideal but it's not much of a compromise if the speaker is angled down slightly. But of you only have the Blu-Ray, Sky HD and the Onkyo, as Sorreltiger says, something like the Atacama Equinox AV range would suit you fine - it comes in black and is modular so you can have three shelves to suit your needs.

A

Anonymous

I should have pointed out that I have 2 kids and I want to hide the DVD player in a cupboard as they know how to use the ejct button and break the tray!

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I know what it's like with kids! ÿMy eldest was a terrible fiddler when he was little. ÿI think that the idea of the amp Sky box and centre speaker on an open rack, but the DVD player and any other cool items in a separate cabinet/rack which can be secured might suit you. ÿI have all my players and turntable on my old Hi-Fi rack a little way away from the rest of my kit.ÿÿCabling isn't a problem (within reason).

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I have 2 sons aged 3 & 9. They both know how to operate the DVD player, as I would expect. They have not broken it as they both wish to reach the ages of 4 & 10. My gear is on an open Atacama rack which works fine.

A

Anonymous

I have an optimum AV rack with loads of shelves. You can optimise the shelf heights by ordering different leg heights. I think they do an option with glass doors.

A

Anonymous

Kids eh! You have them, give them everything they want/demand and they break your AV kit!!!

OK so point taken - the units with doors look very nice and fancy, but cooling for an Onkyo amp could be an issue. So I may go for this one instead: http://www.tvstands.co.uk/Tech-Link-PTV3BBG-TLK1044.html

As long as I won't be sitting on the sofa looking upwards, that stand looks suitable for an Amp, DVD, Sky and LCD????

Jay

TRENDING THREADS