Radio//MP3 systems for bathroom

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm having my bathroom refurbished and would like to install a decent-ish (but sub £200!) DAB/FM system in the room. It should also be able to link to an iPod somehow. An FM transmitter is an option for this but the quality in my experience (I have a iTrip) is quite poor. Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I did ask a similar question in another post based on the Logitech Pure HiFi anywhere and the Intempo iDab.

In theory you can slot the iDab in the docking port of the Logitech to give you DAB.

You can take the whole lot with you and because it uses a rechargeable battery is ideal for the bathroom where you don't want to be involved with mains eleckie (unless you are known as vanman)

Downside is you have to use headphones for an the aeriel and not having found any reviews of the product was hoping for some reply from WHF on the iDab.

My experinece of DAB (living on the sticks) is that you need an extrenal aerial so you may need to look at a wirefi enabled Internet radio with docking station and stream accordingly.

A

Anonymous

Not a bad idea but isn't it a bit steamy in the bathroom for such devices? :)

I also thought of Revo Pico WiFi Radio but it only has a single speaker...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I use a Pure Oasis DAB radio in my bathroom - have had it for a couple of years now, and both it and its rechargeable battery are still going strong.

Yes, it's only single-speaker, but it's got a line-in (for that iPod) - and how long/what serious listening do you do in your bathroom anyway?!

A

Anonymous

I'd go along with Clare. Keep it simple. I see the new Magic Box Touch portable dab radio has an MP3 player connection and certainly 'looks' the part for £60. If you wanted a bit more 'HiFi' you could get a Griffin Evolve and take the speakers with you into the bathroom (but not the bath!). Bit pricey at £250, though.

A

Anonymous

All good suggestions.

Out of interest does the Griffin Evolve have inputs to allow a DAB tuner as well as an Ipod?

A

Anonymous

......Or you could get something like an Intempo iDab to put in the Evolve's dock. You could then also use the iDab with your ipod when you're out and about.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts