Quick Q about a NAS

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Whats the differrence between a Synology DS212j vs DS213+........... is the DS213 just quicker/more powerful?

I will be connecting with USB cable to my Rega DAC and using my iphone as a controller......

Thanks

Rich27

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
DS213+ has a faster processor, better connectivity and hot swappable (if that is a word) drive caddies. Also you don't have to take the thing apart to fit the drives. DS213 fits in between the 212j and 213+ but is closer to the 213+ in terms of performance.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Are you going to be using the Audio Station software? That's what I'm using (via ethernet/atv rather than usb), and I'm very impressed with the simplicity of it all. The 212j has more than enough power, I also use mine for streaming video - best 'gadget' I've bought in ages.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Craig M. said:
Are you going to be using the Audio Station software? That's what I'm using (via ethernet/atv rather than usb), and I'm very impressed with the simplicity of it all. The 212j has more than enough power, I also use mine for streaming video - best 'gadget' I've bought in ages.

is that I will need to install on my mac?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts