Questions for Arcam?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Morning

A couple of the WHFSV crew are having a SuperSaver AwayDay to Arcam tomorrow, to have a nose around and chew the fat with the company.

Anything you'd like them to ask?

matthewpiano

Would be very interested to know of any plans for a new entry-level integrated (I have heard rumours of a replacement for the A18), and any thoughts on how Arcam might develop the sound of their offering in the sub £500 sector. Also do they have any plans for a standalone streamer?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Any chance of the next Solo-Neo having an optical digital input (or two) and inheriting some of the iPod/iPad/iPhone compatibility of their rCube technology?

Will they be making an rWand+ that is compatible with the new Apple connector? (Or, better still, get AirPlay into products like the Solo-Neo and rCube so that unsightly/ungainly 'dongles' don't need to be used in the first place.)

Thanks.

Twill

Oct 6, 2007
Visit site
+1 for Chebby's points. What are they planning for rCube etc in the light of the lightning change, and what would timescales look like on that? Getting an iPhone5 this week, want an rCube, but don't know how long to hold out for them.

Personally I'd love to see a DAB unit in the rCube so that I could have radio in the morning without having to faff around with the phone on-waking, but that's just personal preference.

SteveR750

Good points raised by Chebby, but not so much Apple specific, more universal - there are a significant number of us that use PC / Android etc. I'm just mindful how out of date the NAIM DAC is with its "iPod only" input instead of a USB 2.0

whoam1

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to ask when they are going to invest in their after sales support/service departments.

As a loyal customer of many years, the lack of communication, time delaying and general messing about is unacceptable.

I will shortly be in the market to upgrade my AV9/P7 but not with Arcam.

Very, very poor indeed.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
whoam1 said:
I'd like to ask when they are going to invest in their after sales support/service departments.

As a loyal customer of many years, the lack of communication, time delaying and general messing about is unacceptable.

Very, very poor indeed.

+1

I have a minor fault with my CD17 very occaisonally not reading CD's, and takes 2 or 3 re-attempts to read the disc.

I've sent 2 emails to Arcam asking for advice, and other than an automatic email acknowledgement informing me that someone will be touch shortly, I've heard nothing so far, 4 weeks later.

Tried ringing once, and after faffing around with the different options the phone just rang out, no one answered.

Pretty poor show.

By the way Arcam, your A28/CD17 sounds great!

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
whoam1 said:

Very, very poor indeed.

+1 as per my comment through the WHiFi Facebook post.

robfol

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Greetings all,

Arcam are investing heavily in beefing up their support channels and aplogise to those of you who have had problems.

In the short-term, please visit the Arcam Facebook page www.facebook.com/ArcamUK

Message me with your contact email and info on what need doing and I will sort it out for you

Best R

robfol

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi Matthew

WHFS&V team will get a world exclusive preview of the new FMJ A19 amplifer, our new £500 offering

Watch the site

Best R

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
A couple of the WHFSV crew are having a SuperSaver AwayDay to Arcam tomorrow, to have a nose around and chew the fat with the company.

Anything you'd like them to ask?

It looks like the WHFSV crew will get home early tomorrow.

Robert's got it all in hand :)

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Where do they see the industry going? More consolidation (Focal Naim etc)? More companies going lifestyle (Meridian etc)? The role of e-commerce versus traditional retailing?

There's no doubt times are difficult, and that the market is shrinking (even before the effects of the recession). Given Arcam have been in it a long time their insight (as much as they are able to share it) would be interesting.

whoam1

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
robfol said:
Greetings all,

Arcam are investing heavily in beefing up their support channels and aplogise to those of you who have had problems.

In the short-term, please visit the Arcam Facebook page www.facebook.com/ArcamUK

Message me with your contact email and info on what need doing and I will sort it out for you

Best R

Robert,

can you outline what it is that they are investing in?

Simply replying to emails would be a start.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Any news on a replacement (that works) on the mid range 500 AV amp ?

The 400 is not beefy enough (but does work), the 500 would be perfect in my budget range.

The 600 is over budget.

Im an Arcam fan boy but the gremlins are putting me off.

We all want an Arcam av experience that puts those gremlins to rest.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
robfol said:
Greetings all,

Best R

I've heard about something called Facebook.

Call me old fashioned but any chance of a tel number for the Arcam technical team, perhaps one that someone answers please?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
ifor said:
DIB said:
Call me old fashioned but any chance of a tel number for the Arcam technical team, perhaps one that someone answers please

01223 203200. I got an answer on my second attempt.

Cheers

I have spoken to them on this number today and unfortunately all their technical staff are busy in-house training. They have promised to call me back tomorrow.

Fair enough. Lets see if they are true to their word.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts