Question to WHF and forum members about M&K speakers and Pioneer amps

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi, have you ever demoed the two and what was the outcome? Cheers!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
What mk speakers are you meaning the newer ones or the older ones? ?

I can't see why there would be any issue however a lot of people seem to use them with denon atm

Alan at ideal av is the man to ask I think gel on the other forum if you haven't already

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
What mk speakers are you meaning the newer ones or the older ones? ?

I can't see why there would be any issue however a lot of people seem to use them with denon atm

Alan at ideal av is the man to ask I think gel on the other forum if you haven't already
Hi mate, thanks I think it's the newer ones they were on the M&K website. I will try and contact Alan at ideal av then. Cheers!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have heard the new MK's a few times - they are very good speakers, but you need to demo really.

There is also XTZ which are similar but cheaper - these are similar to the KK speakers as well.

Some people prefer one over the other so a demo of both XTZ and MK is a good idea. 2 places to get your demo are very close to each other as well - there is an MK forum even happening this Sunday near Reading

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
you must be the guy who rang me the other day I'm thinking

my concern would be the Pioneer which I understand to be bright and the MK to be very revealing may just be a little to hard on your ears

i've partnered MK very successfully with the likes of Denon - Marantz - Yamaha and even Onkyo with great results, also Anthem sounded good with MK and I'm hoping soon to partner the new Arcam AVR's

its all personal though and what one likes another may loathe so demo is key here I'd say

Allan

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Pioneer with Miller & Kreisel/MK Sound work fine together - I used to use the combination myself. I you're looking at anything like the 850/950/150, you'd be wise to look at the SCLX8* models.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Although I said the SCLX8* models will work better (and will work far better than their cheaper VSX receivers, which was my point), I'd still recommend switching the budget round (or using it more wisely) - £2k on a receiver and £6k on a speaker package will get you great sound, but the speakers can only perform within the quality parameters of the AV receiver used. I've done just that recently, and I now have better quality coming out of old hi-if speakers than my previous dedicated AV speakers. That's not to say that there was anything wrong with the speakers I had, it's just that they didn't have sufficient quality feeding them. If I could've kept my speakers, they'd now be sounding stunning beyond belief.

The amplifier can only amplify the quality of signal it receives, and a speaker does (and is limited to) what the amplifier tells it to do. Processing and quality of processing is all important (just as it would be in a hi-fi system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts