Question for the WHF team

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

When you tested the Cyrus 8XPd QX with the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grands in December - what speaker cables were used? I have now got my 8XPD and VAs and want to know what you used so I can audition some.

Thanks very much.

A

Anonymous

... as they are currently connected using QED Silver Anniversary...

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
We used Cyrus's own-brand solid core speaker cable and Chord's Carnival Silverscreen. I don't think Cyrus make that cable anymore, but try DNM's speaker cable instead- it's pretty similar and sounds at least as good.

A

Anonymous

That's fantastic - thanks so much.

I did wonder if you always used the same cables - i.e. had them all in a room ready to go and just wheeled the kit to be tested in and out.

Anyway, thanks again.

branon

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Dear Andrew

First post here, though i visit the website almost everyday. This is a little off topic though.

Is there a reason why WHF has not reviewed a single Vienna Acoustics floorstanding speaker?

I keep hearing that they have the laid back British sound..or are the Austrians just not that good at reproducing the British sound?? :)

Stateside, where i am writing from, VA's seem to get much more visibility on forums etc which may have been partly due to their partnership with Best Buy. But nevertheless over the years almost all reviewers seem to praise their "musicality".

Thanks and once again, I appreciate the amount of useful information on your website.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums, Branon : :wave:

Re no reviews of Vienna Acoustics floorstanders - no reason other than the floorstanders haven't been supplied for review: we're happy to review any available product!

And thanks for your kind words on the site :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts