question for the review team - audio pro WF100 wireless hi-fi dongle

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I am very intrested in this product, it ticks all the boxes for a simple wireless solution, for both me and my parents who are looking something wireless and non-techy for their home. just a few questions...

1. is it plug and play on the pc? (no need for a disk install, or downloading drivers ect)

so it can be easilly installed for my parents, and for me to be able to plug the transmitter into any of my friends laptops in the house quickly.

i am also intrested in weather it can be used from the output of a dj mixer with digital output (or analogue), preumably with some kind of coax digital to usb converter, if they exist. this would be a massive plus point and save lots of faffing about with cables at parties and when using different kit ect

2. what is the sound quality like on the audio output? i.e.... in comparison to a usual headphone output on a pc or in comparison with an apple airport express maybe.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered

Huw

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
basshead said:
1. is it plug and play on the pc? (no need for a disk install, or downloading drivers ect)

Yes

basshead said:
i am also intrested in weather it can be used from the output of a dj mixer with digital output (or analogue), preumably with some kind of coax digital to usb converter, if they exist. this would be a massive plus point and save lots of faffing about with cables at parties and when using different kit ect

Yes, it will connect in analogue.

basshead said:
2. what is the sound quality like on the audio output? i.e.... in comparison to a usual headphone output on a pc or in comparison with an apple airport express maybe.

IMO, excellent.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No probs, though bear in mind it you want to use the device as an analogue-to-analogue transmitter you'll have to buy an extra USB power supply, as the package only comes with one. Shouldn't cost you more than a few quid.

usb_plug_2.jpg

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, had one since it first came out a few months ago. Very impressed indeed, with it's sound, range and usability. Fully concur with the review, and it's streets ahead of the bluetooth QED U-Play thingy I was using before, which I guess it should be given it's price. I've always found bluetooth to be rather flawed - it'll be interesting if it's new incarnation (Apt x) really does improve it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts