Audio Pro wireless solution versus Hi(er)-Fi

tbinnington

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
Hi all -

Been pretty active on these forums for the last two days as I decide how to upgrade my vintage system (to multi-room with streaming and a CD transport, also used for TV audio). Yesterday, I thought the solution was KEF-based (described in this post I made):

But today, I'm wondering whether an Audio Pro-based setup would be adequate. I know these fall into the "wireless speaker" category and can't compete with the KEFs on music, but the overall experience might be much better, and the sound quality also adequate.

I'm thinking:
- Pair of Audio Pro A26, paired with Audio Pro SW-10, used for TV room (both music and TV audio)
- Pair (yes, two, linked in stereo mode via the app) of Audio Pro C10MKIIs, in the other room
- Pro-Ject CD transport connected to the CM10s via RCA cable

I think this will be much simpler from a setup/streaming point of view. But how tolerable a compromise on sound quality will it be? Subjective, I know. FWIW I'm coming from a Sansui 5000X receiver and a pair of huge (15" woofer) Avant 3-way loudspeakers. I also have a single Riva S in the kitchen that's not bad, for what it is, so I know what "wireless speakers" generally sound like. Thanks!!

Reactions: Al ears
Hi all -

Been pretty active on these forums for the last two days as I decide how to upgrade my vintage system (to multi-room with streaming and a CD transport, also used for TV audio). Yesterday, I thought the solution was KEF-based (described in this post I made):

But today, I'm wondering whether an Audio Pro-based setup would be adequate. I know these fall into the "wireless speaker" category and can't compete with the KEFs on music, but the overall experience might be much better, and the sound quality also adequate.

I'm thinking:
- Pair of Audio Pro A26, paired with Audio Pro SW-10, used for TV room (both music and TV audio)
- Pair (yes, two, linked in stereo mode via the app) of Audio Pro C10MKIIs, in the other room
- Pro-Ject CD transport connected to the CM10s via RCA cable

I think this will be much simpler from a setup/streaming point of view. But how tolerable a compromise on sound quality will it be? Subjective, I know. FWIW I'm coming from a Sansui 5000X receiver and a pair of huge (15" woofer) Avant 3-way loudspeakers. I also have a single Riva S in the kitchen that's not bad, for what it is, so I know what "wireless speakers" generally sound like. Thanks!!
go audition.... You might be surprised by the Audio Pro 's

tbinnington

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
go audition.... You might be surprised by the Audio Pro 's

Thanks very much. I wish I could, but honestly, I think I'm in a class of consumer that simply doesn't have that option. There are no real dedicated audio shops near me (certainly none carry these products), and I can't justify taking a weekend to drive across a state to go to one, if I found it. So, I'm buying "blind", making the best decision I can with info from these forums.

I'm very curious, what do you mean I might be surprised by the Audio Pros?

Thanks very much. I wish I could, but honestly, I think I'm in a class of consumer that simply doesn't have that option. There are no real dedicated audio shops near me (certainly none carry these products), and I can't justify taking a weekend to drive across a state to go to one, if I found it. So, I'm buying "blind", making the best decision I can with info from these forums.

I'm very curious, what do you mean I might be surprised by the Audio Pros?
For their size I found they sounded better than I expected, but that's just me....

doifeellucky

I own a C10 and an A10 and have used a C5 (bought as a present) .

I have the C10 and A10 paired in the kitchen but have used them in different parts of our house, including in my office, bedroom, garden and use the C10 via Bluetooth to a fire stick connected to my projector in our spare bedroom.

I’ve also compared the C10 against my Cambridge CXA60 with Dali Zensor 3’s and in no way did it disgrace itself.

I’d recommend you try a C10 and see what you think. I really like the handle for portability so would recommend the V1 especially as you can sometimes find them for around £200.

tbinnington

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
I own a C10 and an A10 and have used a C5 (bought as a present) .

I have the C10 and A10 paired in the kitchen but have used them in different parts of our house, including in my office, bedroom, garden and use the C10 via Bluetooth to a fire stick connected to my projector in our spare bedroom.

I’ve also compared the C10 against my Cambridge CXA60 with Dali Zensor 3’s and in no way did it disgrace itself.

I’d recommend you try a C10 and see what you think. I really like the handle for portability so would recommend the V1 especially as you can sometimes find them for around £200.
Super useful, thank you!

tbinnington

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
Hey all - for what it's worth, I thought I'd post my reflections. I tried the setup I described above. The A26s and SW10 have some defects that I'm discussing with Audio Pro, and they may need to be replaced. The C10 mkIIs are...kinda underwhelming, I'm afraid. They're very present: in no way would I lose myself in the music. I feel I could close my eyes and still pinpoint exactly where the audio was coming from. The sound is a bit flat, too. I am, however, generally impressed with Audio Pro's app - it handles multiroom intuitively.

I am considering returning everything and just starting again using separates and perhaps blusound. Or, keeping the A26 and SW10 for TV and occasional music, and the Audio Pro Link 2 to connect to a proper amp instead of the C10s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts