question for all ATC (SCM19) loudspeakers owners

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
ThijsJ said:
Thank you again for your input MUSICRAFT, as an expert your experience is very helpful.

I have 2 questions:

I checked the manual of the Hegel H160. It doesn't say if the music stream by Apple AirPlay is digital or analog (after iPhone own Dac). I'm wrong if I think its (only) analog (made for ("receivers" to connect to) active loudspeakers / amplifier and loudspeakers)?

Do you have positive experience with Naim amplifiers as well (in combination with ATC (SCM19))? For example the XS2? A Naim amplifier had always my preference before I bought the ATC SCM19 but I'm not sure its a good match and if I should list it on my short list. What is your experience?

Hi ThijsJ

The stream is digital at 16bit 44.1 kHz.

Yes, Naim amplifiers also pair well with ATC monitors. For optimum though performance try and use the DIN inputs in preference to RCA inputs.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ThijsJ

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
based on all the input I got here on What Hifi I found a dealer in The Netherlands who carries the following amplifiers, amplifiers I will include in my choice:

Hegel H80

(Axiom II Passive Preamp RCA /) Rotel RB-1582 MkII power amp

Exposure 3010S2 D

Rega Elicit-R

NAIM Nait XS 2

Hegel H160

Thank you again to all who gave input. I'm quit sure the right amplifier for me is in this list

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
There are some very good deals around at the mo on the outgoing Peachtree Nova 220SE, which certainly has plenty of power, if you can find any where you are and it depends if the exchange rates work in your favour.

It's replacements are the Nova 150 and soon-to-be-released Nova 300. They add some features you may find useful (including direct iThing input), but won't be discounted obviously.

ThijsJ said:
Thank you MUSICRAFT for all your answers / information, your input was very useful and appreciated. It was a great help.

Hi ThijsJ

You're welcome.

Btw, in my experience the use of an active pre amplifier will be far better in a system incorporating ATC passive/active monitors.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ThijsJ

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you again for your input MUSICCRAFT, then I will use an active pre amp for my listen / choice session and together with the Rotel power amp not more expensive then the integrated Naim.

ThijsJ said:
Thank you again for your input MUSICCRAFT, then I will use an active pre amp for my listen / choice session and together with the Rotel power amp not more expensive then the integrated Naim.

Hi ThijsJ

You're welcome.

By all means still have a listen to a passive pre amp. Its just that i've found passive pre amps lack guts to be successfully used in a system incorporating ATC monitors. Active pre amps are a better compromise with ATC monitors.

Btw, regarding your budget for good quality pre amps also look at discontined models. Pre amps such as NAD's C160 and Rotel's RC-995 are worth bearing in mind as they work very well in systems with ATC passive/active monitors.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts