Quality in-ear headphones under £100

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I'm a new member pretty uneducated in the technologies of earphones so require some help. I'm looking to upgrade my earphones from the £20 Marley ones to something with better sound quality. My budget is maximum £100 and I'm looking for decent sound quality more than anything else. I've been looking at beyerdynamic, klipsch and grasp sets but which ones would you all recommend?

neilmistry

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I own the Beyerdynamic DTX101's and I have really enjoyed them. Build quality is generally very good up to a point where the glue in the housings just gives up and I've had both earbuds come apart as I have removed them from my ears. A dab of superglue fixed the problem. The current pair are a warranty replacement for my previous pair which failed in exactly the same way.

I recently wanted an upgrade to the Beyers, and almost bought a pair of Westone 3's, but due to the price (around the £300 mark) I decided to go for a pair of Etymotic HF5's instead at £100. They are a single Balanced Armature earphone, and they are extremely clear. I mainly like dance/electronic music but listen to other genres as well and was a bit unsure if the Ety's would provide enough bass. I'm no basshead though and like to hear the entire frequency range as well as all the tiny details. I can confirm that they certainly do provide enough bass (it goes deep and is very tight), providing you get a good seal and a extremely clear. I was lucky in that the small triple flange tips they come fitted with are a great fit and I find them comfortable, hardly noticing they are. The Ety's sound is extremely neutral and clear which was exactly what I was after. So pleased I didn't go for the Westone's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts