Quad Vena?

LR Miller

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
After much deliberation I am on the verge of making a purchasing revision but would be delighted with any comments from the Forum.

My music is now in the form of CD ripped FLAC files and 24/96 FLAC files residing on my other half's laptop. I have a new pair of B and W S686 S2s. I want to get a Quad Vena amp, does anyone know if this speaker/amp combo will be any good? ; reviews of the Vena I have seen suggest it has warm sound which l prefer to something overly cold and clinical. I am currently running an ancient Audiolab 8000A/DacMagic. Oh I also intend to supplant the laptop with a QNAP NAS.

Comments appreciated!

The Vena is pretty new and I'd be surprised if anyone here would have auditioned that particular pairing. Quad dealers usually carry a wide range so you should be able to audition some alternatives.

Looking at the spec, the speakers are a low-ish sensitivity at 84 or 85dB per watt which means the Vena at 45w will be fine in a modest room but will struggle if you like heavy rock, big orchestral or have a big room to fill.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts