Quad, Platinum, Seriously Andrew?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sorry not to repy to the thread via the post where this info appeared.

Since I came across, "the closest approach to the original sound", all those years ago, and thought it too horribly expensive for my budget, I have gained the greatest respect for Quad hifi.

More recently, a listen to the Linn CD12 convinced me I don't need to spend twelve grand on a cdp. (Perhaps some people do!)

Bearing in mind that Quad don't rush into anything, selecting the "News" tab on their website produces an item from Nov 07, I wonder if they wouldn't be shooting themselves in the foot if they produce a more expensive "solid state" line? I would always make an exception for the valves and electrostatics.

Basically I am saying, if their line has always been, "this is what you need to listen to your music", altering that to, "Oops, we have changed our minds, just spend X more and that is all you will need", is not helpful. Also, not brilliant timing if they were to market this stuff during the current financial situation.

Mind you, it wasn't that long ago that Linn suggested we Sondek users needed to shell out five or six grand to get back up to spec with the Lp12. I suppose I should say, if anyone can afford to do that just now, good luck to them! I won't be, although I will have to look into getting a new needle!!!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comment Andrew. Perhaps Quad are waiting for the financial situation to improve before marketing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts