Quad 34 or 99? which one do YOU prefer?

KEFQuadMan

Jul 31, 2022
Visit site
I have a quad 34, the later orange logo design along with the 306 and 66 CD player.

My friend is thinking of selling his 99 preamp/CD/with the 909 amplifier.

I am quite happy with what I have, but I wonder if the newer equipment will improve the experience that much more. What say YOU?

IIRC you live in the USA, so - sweeping assumption - you may have a larger listening space than many of us Brits. If you like loud music and have the space, I’d always plump for the bigger amp, given a choice.

What speakers are you using?

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
I have a quad 34, the later orange logo design along with the 306 and 66 CD player.

My friend is thinking of selling his 99 preamp/CD/with the 909 amplifier.

I am quite happy with what I have, but I wonder if the newer equipment will improve the experience that much more. What say YOU?
I doubt you will notice any difference

KEFQuadMan

Jul 31, 2022
Visit site
No idea, as I suspect would be the case for almost all here - but if he's a friend, surely he'll let you borrow for a day so you can decide?
No. It's actually my friend's father's equipment, and he lives 80 miles away. I am too lazy to bring my speakers there, or bring the whole bunch of kit back and then back again, possibly.

KEFQuadMan

Jul 31, 2022
Visit site
IIRC you live in the USA, so - sweeping assumption - you may have a larger listening space than many of us Brits. If you like loud music and have the space, I’d always plump for the bigger amp, given a choice.

What speakers are you using?
Right now, KEF C55s I planned on getting larger more full range speakers. I think I know what I am going to do...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts