Quad 21L2 Speakers

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Available for only £ 475 at the moment, delivered, which seems like a good price. Has anyone heard them and can comment about there overall sound?
Best wishes
Paul

A

Anonymous

Can't comment on the 21L2s, but bought the 21L for £350 just as the L2 was about to be introduced. I don't think it was a major change, mainly the tweeter.

I've been really pleased with mine, maybe a bit clinical sounding and don't expect a thunderous bass, but great value for money with a great midrange and detail.

They are also very well finished which in some ways is a pain. My misses likes them and has turned her nose up everytime I've thought of upgrading!

There is a review of the 21L here.

http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/quad_21l.htm

A

Anonymous

They are goo speakers and very clear, although the mid range can be a bit too much if partnered with the wrong kit. I put 22L2s with Cyrus and it was very detailed but a bit arsh in the mid-range. An audition is advised. As for the price though - I am sure you can get the 22L2s - the larger version with much more bass and a more whole sound for around the same price so have a good search around.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes my wife likes them as well! They are certainly well finished and look well built. Thanks for reply. From the replies though not sure that they would suit my electonics and I may need slightly warmer compact floorstanders.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts