qed xt5 power cable

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 108165

Understood (y) Yes cable threads do tend to veer off point very quickly :)

P.S. Excuse late edit of my previous post, not much added, just a personal perspective.

abacus

My original post was just my comments and review on a recently home demoed QED XT5 mains cable.
I didnt actually like the cable and returned it.
I was trying to be helpfull and informative to any other forum members interested in a purchase of the cable.

I am not trying to push my opinion on anyone.
I didnt expect the non believer trolling comments and replies and to have to defend myself for posting an honest review.
Isnt that what this forum is for?.

As DougK said above Opinions are fine, however when you make claims (If you don’t believe cables make a difference and you have stuck with stock cables your system must sound crap) and then diss people who do not have the same opinion then a response proving otherwise will be posted.

As to manufactures, ask them to provide verifiable evidence that their mains cables make a difference to the sound, and none will be forthcoming,(You will still get plenty of unverified claims though) which says all you need to know about the manufacture. (Also remember that their claims have changed over time as the ASA deemed most of them to be unverified, thus breaking the rules)

Remember, many new users look to forums for advice, and providing verified evidence is vital to make sure it reduces the chance of them making a mistake from the off.

Bill

eazyryder

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
As DougK said above Opinions are fine, however when you make claims (If you don’t believe cables make a difference and you have stuck with stock cables your system must sound crap) and then diss people who do not have the same opinion then a response proving otherwise will be posted.

Bill
Yes some of my replies where a little harsh and I apologise. I shouldnt have took your trolling bait on my first posted opinion and review on the QED XT5 and McRU Oflex Kit.

Your replies to my opinion and reviews regarding both the QED XT5 and the McRU Oflex cable ---------
Abacus Said:
"Gray beat me to it, but April fool’s Day is tomorrow, which is when sales of magic cables (Usually made in the Quantum Realm) go through the roof."

"It’s used in industrial applications where flex needs to be run that may get damaged, (The braided shield is used solely for impact protection) it does not have any special properties so if you hear a difference you are kidding yourself."

"The cable and plugs shown in the kit can be picked up cheaply from any electrical wholesaler, so don’t buy from any cowboy Hi-Fi cable manufacture/dealer. (This basically covers all of them)"

Unfortunately I did retaliate and defend myself against all of your sarcastic and condescending comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12th Monkey

eazyryder

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
As to manufactures, ask them to provide verifiable evidence that their mains cables make a difference to the sound, and none will be forthcoming,(You will still get plenty of unverified claims though) which says all you need to know about the manufacture. (Also remember that their claims have changed over time as the ASA deemed most of them to be unverified, thus breaking the rules)

Bill
QED have published an extensive "White Paper" on their findings regarding the QED XT5.
I f you dont believe it. Then fine thats your opinion.
But dont dispute or ridicule my opinions.

Last edited:

eazyryder

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Remember, many new users look to forums for advice, and providing verified evidence is vital to make sure it reduces the chance of them making a mistake from the off.

Bill
Yes other forum users do value others opinion before they purchase.

Which is why I had given my honest opinion and a review.
I did have the QED XT5 at home in my system for over a week!.

I am not telling other forum users to buy the cable just giving my opinion and personnel experience.
I actually didnt like the cable and if you read my original post and review you will see that.

I have written other reviews on different Hi Fi products on these forums, but have never had your kind of argumentative, negative responses before.

By the way what system do you use ?.
Cant see anything on your profile detailing this.

Last edited:

Friesiansam

I am not telling other forum users to buy the cable just giving my opinion and personnel experience.
I actually didnt like the cable and if you read my original post and review you will see that.

I have written other reviews on different Hi Fi products on these forums, but have never had your kind of disputing negative responses before.

Don't take it personally, cable threads are always divisive, it's just the way it is.

eazyryder

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Don't take it personally, cable threads are always divisive, it's just the way it is.
Yes your right.
I have written many other reviews over a couple of decades on other Hi FI equipment on these forums and other Hi Fi forums and have never experienced trolling like this.

Hi Fi cables and cabling is a major part of the Hi FI world.
Just look at the large amount of positive reviews by What Hi Fi themselves over many many years from well respected companies established decades ago.

You can no longer give a personnel opinion on a product without being put down by other forum members.
Its a bit of a shame really, especially for the quality and integrity of this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12th Monkey

Gray

....have never experienced trolling like this.
Trolls are viscous, nasty people with personal vendettas against others. There's nobody like that on here.
However, this is the topic that will always bring out the strongest opinions and, yes there will be some sarcasm involved.
Try to look at it from the point of view of a rational person, with or without some technical knowledge. When they read, for example, that a mains (or any other cable) needs burning in......it's such a ludicrous suggestion, one that seems like a joke.....there should never be any surprise at dismissive, often sarcastic comments in response.
(Not saying you mentioned burn-in by the way, thankfully you didn't. But here's the point. Claims about the potential for a mains cable to affect sound quality, seem just as ludicrous to many people).

abacus

Yes some of my replies where a little harsh and I apologise. I shouldnt have took your trolling bait on my first posted opinion and review on the QED XT5 and McRU Oflex Kit.

Your replies to my opinion and reviews regarding both the QED XT5 and the McRU Oflex cable ---------
Abacus Said:
"Gray beat me to it, but April fool’s Day is tomorrow, which is when sales of magic cables (Usually made in the Quantum Realm) go through the roof."

"It’s used in industrial applications where flex needs to be run that may get damaged, (The braided shield is used solely for impact protection) it does not have any special properties so if you hear a difference you are kidding yourself."

"The cable and plugs shown in the kit can be picked up cheaply from any electrical wholesaler, so don’t buy from any cowboy Hi-Fi cable manufacture/dealer. (This basically covers all of them)"

Unfortunately I did retaliate and defend myself against all of your sarcastic and condescending comments.

Some of my posts may have been an overemphasised, but matched what you posted, so are balanced.

The exception is the April fool one which was posted for April 1st (I made sure in my text of that) so I cannot see why you have a problem. (April fools is April fools and occurs every year in all walks of life)

Bill

abacus

QED have published an extensive "White Paper" on their findings regarding the QED XT5.
I f you dont believe it. Then fine thats your opinion.
But dont dispute or ridicule my opinions.

Thanks for posting the link to the white paper as it proves that the cable is safe to use and follows all the safety standards.

Its claims of how it works is also quite factual (Although they do take liberties with cable size in their graphs so need to be interpreted accordingly) however they do fail to mention that any good quality power supply will do what their cable does, so is not of any significance.

Bill

abacus

I have written other reviews on different Hi Fi products on these forums, but have never had your kind of argumentative, negative responses before.

If you go back on the various cable threads you will find I have not said anything here that I have not said before, however as people tend not read old threads, all views need to be included on the new threads. (It is not trolling, just providing a balanced point of view, and yes, it does upset some people)

Bill

eazyryder

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
If you go back on the various cable threads you will find I have not said anything here that I have not said before, however as people tend not read old threads, all views need to be included on the new threads. (It is not trolling, just providing a balanced point of view, and yes, it does upset some people)

Bill

Well there are 2 points you made that where incorrect (see my earlier replies)
At least you could admit that you where wrong there.
For the correct information for other forum users of course.

Your Point N1) It’s used in industrial applications where flex needs to be run that may get damaged, (The braided shield is used solely for impact protection) it does not have any special properties so if you hear a difference you are kidding yourself.

This was regarding my McRU Oflex Classic 110 CY , Your comment was completely inaccurate and false as this cable DOES indeed have a HIGH degree of screening.

Your Point N2) As to manufactures, ask them to provide verifiable evidence that their mains cables make a difference to the sound, and none will be forthcoming,(You will still get plenty of unverified claims though) which says all you need to know about the manufacture. (Also remember that their claims have changed over time as the ASA deemed most of them to be unverified, thus breaking the rules)

This was regarding the QED XT5 non forthcoming specs, You where wrong once again as QED have indeed published a "WHITE PAPER" explaining the QED XT5 in great detail.

Last edited:

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: eazyryder

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Reactions: eazyryder
D

Deleted member 188533

The OP of this thread deactivated their account so we can move on from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts