• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

qed xt5 power cable

plus 1

Dec 5, 2019
qed finally release a power cable. under the features section on the product page they give the explanation to the question "how can power cables make a difference". qed attempt to answer the age old question of how the final metre or so of mains cable can make a difference to the sound of hifi equipment...

Al ears

qed finally release a power cable. under the features section on the product page they give the explanation to the question "how can power cables make a difference". qed attempt to answer the age old question of how the final metre or so of mains cable can make a difference to the sound of hifi equipment...
Do I need to read it?

Reactions: shadders

nopiano

Feb 15, 2009
Well at least it’s an explanation, although personally I’m not exactly persuaded by them implying some Hifi is connected with lamp flex. Most use 13 amp kettle leads or similar. Anyway, the ferrite coated layer seems a sensible way to limit RFI/EMI and they don’t appear to be majoring on boutique looks.
If there’s any brand I broadly believe in, QED is well up there.

Reactions: plus 1

Al ears

I believe the RF/EMI response is the norm and people will believe it is running rifle in their household.
They also believe all cables are potentially aerials.
What a power cable, aerial or not, is likely to inject into a system that is likely to affect what comes out of the speakers is beyond me.
Does it matter if they are supported well clear of the floor?? :)

shadders

Nov 19, 2009
Hi,
The cable will work in that the ferrite injected inner jacket will reduce mains borne RFI. The power supply etc., if adequately designed should be able to deal with the RFI if it is present.

If you have power line adapters, then try your system without them being implemented and see if you can hear the difference.

Any RFI outside the mains, then this cable will have no effect at all.

These products play on the insecurity of the person and introduce uncertainty. The only way to actually know if they make a difference is to use a spectrum analyser on your system to see the effects of using the cable.

Regards,
Shadders.

Reactions: plus 1

woodbino

Oct 13, 2013
That cable is £150!!!?!?!?
What joker is going to buy that? Seriously, there's a market for it?!
The world has gone potty.

plus 1

Dec 5, 2019
That cable is £150!!!?!?!?
What joker is going to buy that? Seriously, there's a market for it?!
The world has gone potty.
about the tenth time i have posted this but...

Reactions: shadders

nopiano

Feb 15, 2009
about the tenth time i have posted this but...
That’s why I’m checking my Premium Bond!!

Reactions: plus 1 and Al ears

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS