Qed preformance hdmi v1.3@tesco instore for £3.55

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have bought a 1Meter QED performance hdmi v1.3 cable for £3.55 from my local tesco-BAGULEY . They are the wrong plastic cases. They have been put into a QED classic hdmi-p plastic cases. So being greedy i have purchased 3 cables(no not for ebay) and left 3 on the shelves. f anyone is in the baguly-manchester area. I dont know how pictures are put on this site for proof although i have tried sorry

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I was in Tesco this morning and suddenly remembered this thread.

Two 1.0m QED Performance V1.3 cables for £7.10 :)

Thanks to member 'grifz'.

The biggest benefit to me is that I now have a total of 2 metres less cable behind the equipment.

I meant to get shorter HDMIs a while back - when I downsized the system in March - but it seemed too much cost (even for relatively 'humble' cables).

But for £3.55 each they're a steal. Thanks to QED or Tesco or whoever mixed up the packaging and the pricing.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Just out of interest, I was in my local Tesco again today and they have literally hundreds of these cables on sale - there's no shelf edge pricing though for some reason.

Incidentally, how will i know if I need V1.4 as opposed to V1.3??

I have a 3D tv, 3D BD player but non 3D receiver (see sig).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
grdunn123 said:
Incidentally, how will i know if I need V1.4 as opposed to V1.3?? I have a 3D tv, 3D BD player but non 3D receiver (see sig).

Cables can no longer be designated as v1.4 (or v1.3 for that matter). To be sure the cable will meet the needs of 3D, you need to ensure the cable is certified as 'High speed'

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Shame, struck me as evidence of vexatiousness...

Totally so – and documented pre-prune
smiley-wink.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A little reseach shows that these mis-packaged/mis-priced QED Performance V1.3 cables have been replaced by V1.4 (HDMI-E) versions that cost around £35.

I am not in any hurry for V1.4 (no 3D here and no need for ethernet on my HDMI cables) so £3.55 is still a bargain to me.

I have the second one (I bought two) sitting in a cupboard awaiting a PVR purchase one day.

I only bought them to get shorter cables cheaply. So any improvement (even if it only exists our minds) is a bonus :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts